Island Princess FLL

poncho1965

Just off the Island, 3-24-09, and have become addicted to the inlet camera. Watched and watched but the Island didn't depart on time. DD came over and used my computer to do her taxes, so I missed it! Anyone know? Phyllis

I watched the Inlet Cams yesterday, and the Island didn't go out till about 6:30 PM, though scheduled for 5 PM.

There seemed to be quite a bit of departing ship traffic, but the cruise ships all seemed to be late. The first one, due to depart at 4:30, was nearly an hour late, and that must have set up the chain of late departures. Wondering what caused that first one to be so late. The only one what went out close to on-time was the very last one.

Love that Inletcam AND the mortgagemobile one. They've become a daily "must do" at sailaway time.

There was a medical situation on the Island Princess which caused a delay. It was reported immediately on the InletCam chat room.

There's always a bit of drama during sail-aways. When the Port was closed entirely a few months ago due to the "suspicious package" much of the news was relayed and reported on InletCam first, including what I heard from the Harbor Master and Coast Guard. Other reliable sources had also shared their information.

We're more than just a webcam!

:)

Inletcam is an amazing site love to watch the sailaways and Wiley the owner of the site always seems to know what's going on if a ship is delayed.

I'm going to hate the fact the most ships will be leaving Fort Lauderdale for the season and sailways will be down to a trickle if that. But the chat is always fun to go on so many neat people that have the same love of cruising.

Christine

I guess, since I am addicted to the InletCam, I should sign in for the chat room too.

Last night the Seven Seas Navigator was about an hour and a half late sailing, but although it turned out to be a long wait for it, it was a great sailaway.

It's the first time I have seen a dusk-sailing, and it was so beautiful. My daughter in Nebraska and I were chatting on the phone, and watched the sailaway together on our respective computers.

Archived