Letter to Diamond Members (Merged Threads)

(off topic)

Just wanted to jump in here right quick to say goodnight to all. I leave first thing in the morning on my CARNIVAL cruise (yes, I said it LOL) and I am well aware that my absence will not be missed by all! LOL!!! For those of you who I do find friendly and rather "cool", I hope you have a fantastic week, be safe and be well! Keep these boards hot and interesting and in about a week or so, I'll be back ready to ramble on once again! LOL!!!

Peace All:)

Texlatin1 -"Adam":cool:

(ok, back to where we were...)

(off topic)

Just wanted to jump in here right quick to say goodnight to all. I leave first thing in the morning on my CARNIVAL cruise (yes, I said it LOL) and I am well aware that my absence will not be missed by all! LOL!!! For those of you who I do find friendly and rather "cool", I hope you have a fantastic week, be safe and be well! Keep these boards hot and interesting and in about a week or so, I'll be back ready to ramble on once again! LOL!!!

Bon Voyage. :)

Have a great trip and tell us all about it. :cool:

Bon Voyage. :)

Have a great trip and tell us all about it. :cool:

Enjoy your vacation Tex!!!

Also off topic:

RedNancy-I see you leave in less then 2 weeks for your Tahiti cruise. Wow!!! That's one cruise I hope you'll fill us all in on please !!! :)

Enjoy your vacation Tex!!!

Also off topic:

RedNancy-I see you leave in less then 2 weeks for your Tahiti cruise. Wow!!! That's one cruise I hope you'll fill us all in on please !!! :)

I am so excited about this cruise I can't stand it. :eek:

We fly to Papeete, Tahiti and spend 4 nights in the Intercontinental Hotel. Then we board the Paul Gauguin (330 passengers) for a gourmet 7 night all inclusive sailing. :)

I know I will never do this again. This is a once in a lifetime trip. :)

But then, this is my breast cancer survival party cruise. :D

(off topic)

Have a great cruise Tex!! :)

nice one

I am old enough to get it, clever analogy.

Wonder what the next move is threat or another sweetner

My sister and brother in law, who I "brought to RCCL", just cancelled their next RCCL cruise due to these changes. They were 'about' to enjoy their first cruise as Diamond (cubic zerconia) and they were really looking forward to the Concierge Lounge benefit. How do you say, "bye, bye"? If 'they' don't restore these 'benefits' that we were quite clealy "promised", many of their best customers are gone. Stockholders, sell your stock. This company has committed "sopuku". Right now, anyone who is "nice" enough to bring up the subject of cruising, gets an ear full of what a terrible company Royal Caribbean has become. I chase away at least one potential customer every two weeks or so. I cruise enough that my friends trust my opinion. And my opinion right now is that Royal Caribbean sucks! I will cruise RCI again, but they will never have me as a "cheerleader" again ... my friends and relatives have 'trusted' my opinion, and with my 'help' they have also gotten screwed!:mad:

Beachbuddy

Thank you

Somebody else who has noticed that House Wine is the same price as other drinks so why only 25% off?

I know things are hard but RCCL seen to have a funny way of treating its regular customers.

The drinks, Lose of the use of the CL and OBC /shareholder credit now bring them in line with other cruise lines. A bad PR by any standards.

the WOW factor could be WOW how much!!!!

Their whole compromise is a joke. The 25% off a drink is really nothing. A so called VIP party come on. VIP's, please I really dont think that is how RCI looks at their diamond members.

Rethink you decision for boarding RC - jump ship and find one that appreciates your money and loyalty.

And where will we find this dream ship?

Oh, I know!! Silversea!!! Have a look at the prices guys - even if you drank all day on RCCL, I don't think it would total Silversea prices!!!:eek:

It really does seem time to get over it - these threads seem to be 'fueled' by just a few people who are having tantrums and behaving like children having their toys taken away from them.:D:D

I agree that the loss of the CL for Diamond Members is annoying, irritating and infuriating - but this is the way of the world we live in!! You just have to get on with your lives!!

The only other line which we have enjoyed is Regent - but that was far more expensive and most passengers went to bed at 9.00pm!!! Not a bundle of fun that ship!!!! So back to RCCL!!

We done RCI for listening.

I think AG and RCI realised they had screwed up. I do believe over crowding played a big part in their reason to changes things.

I think they've listened and more or less gave in - ok some people including me will miss the lounge in the afternoons or in the morning for a nice coffee - the 25% of other drinks could have been 2 vouchers per night for any drink.

I did write to AG thanking him for the u-turn and asking why hadn't they talked to loyal members and find out there views - i did get a nice reply back acknowledging things could have been better handled and apologising.

For me i think its a fair deal - although i can see why others don't agree.

I also think this is a Big shot across the bow of RCI and maybe they'll take to time consult if there is a next time.

jj.....

We done RCI for listening.

I think AG and RCI realised they had screwed up. I do believe over crowding played a big part in their reason to changes things.

I think they've listened and more or less gave in - ok some people including me will miss the lounge in the afternoons or in the morning for a nice coffee - the 25% of other drinks could have been 2 vouchers per night for any drink.

I did write to AG thanking him for the u-turn and asking why hadn't they talked to loyal members and find out there views - i did get a nice reply back acknowledging things could have been better handled and apologising.

For me i think its a fair deal - although i can see why others don't agree.

I also think this is a Big shot across the bow of RCI and maybe they'll take to time consult if there is a next time.

jj.....

Goodness me jj!!!! Didn't think you would be so reasonable!!!!

I think you are right - it was the overcrowding that came first and then the realisation of how much the free drinkies were costing, let alone the loss of revenue by supplying these. Chicken and egg probably:D!!

Some people are never going to be satisfied, or accept compromise - but I do think RCCL have been reasonable about this. Consultation doesn't seem to be the name of the game with large Corporations unfortunately!! Before they went into this, I did have contact with a 'high-up' and suggested they follow Princesses example - they now have and actually, have gone one better!! And the Princess pm Bar/Lounge is only available to Suites and equivalent of Diamond PLUS anyway!!!

I have only read the last page of this thread so I do not know what was discussed.

As a Diamond member and stockholder I applaud Royals position and the CEO actions. They are running a business and need to scale back on perks-I am a business owner and have to trim back in certain areas too.

I have read the CEO has personally written back to people reguarding this issue, this is good. Maybe if some US companies made cuts and watched thier bottom line better they would not be asking, us, as taxpayers to bail them out. I am thinking about adding to my stock position in Royal Caribbean.

Happy Cruising!!

My sister and brother in law, who I "brought to RCCL", just cancelled their next RCCL cruise due to these changes. They were 'about' to enjoy their first cruise as Diamond (cubic zerconia) and they were really looking forward to the Concierge Lounge benefit. How do you say, "bye, bye"? If 'they' don't restore these 'benefits' that we were quite clealy "promised", many of their best customers are gone.

I'm sorry. I find this very sad.

Since when has a vacation become all about a room?

Sealord-This is not directed totally at you because many have posted the same thing. To add once again-it states clearly on the C&A page that nothing was promised to anyone.

I guess I just don't have enough time during the year to go away often so every vacation I take I treasure.

Why have so many diamond level passengers forgotten the product they enjoyed enough to keep cruising with them. You cann't actually tell me RCCL was all about the CL from sailing one?

We fly to Papeete, Tahiti and spend 4 nights in the Intercontinental Hotel. Then we board the Paul Gauguin (330 passengers) for a gourmet 7 night all inclusive sailing. :)

AND YOU SHOULD BE THAT EXCITED!!! :)

I am also very happy to read what this vacation is for and you are doing well!!

Did your business offer a "club" for special benefits to entice them to keep coming back, and then you changed it?

No, but if I did offer a perk like this it would be one of the first things I would consider to go on the "Chopping Block".

I am still jealous!

Congrats on being cancer free!

JC

Wow just logged onto this tread and find it all very interesting. We are diamond members and are joining the Legend 8th May from Singapore. AG response suggested the Legend may have a CL (although restricted) We've sailed with her twice before but no CL. Of course, we would prefer a CL there's nothing better than meeting like minded travellers over the first glass of the day but the itinary alway wins. Legends of the Sea, CL or no CL we'll have a great cruise.

Desiree

Tough times take tough measures-I would hope that customers would understand the trimming down. I would try to stay in contact with them and do what I can while still making $$$. As I see it, this is what Royal has done. We can agree to disagree and move on.

Have a great day-enjoy the nice weather while it last.

My sister and brother in law, who I "brought to RCCL", just cancelled their next RCCL cruise due to these changes. They were 'about' to enjoy their first cruise as Diamond (cubic zerconia) and they were really looking forward to the Concierge Lounge benefit. How do you say, "bye, bye"? If 'they' don't restore these 'benefits' that we were quite clealy "promised", many of their best customers are gone. Stockholders, sell your stock. This company has committed "sopuku". Right now, anyone who is "nice" enough to bring up the subject of cruising, gets an ear full of what a terrible company Royal Caribbean has become. I chase away at least one potential customer every two weeks or so. I cruise enough that my friends trust my opinion. And my opinion right now is that Royal Caribbean sucks! I will cruise RCI again, but they will never have me as a "cheerleader" again ... my friends and relatives have 'trusted' my opinion, and with my 'help' they have also gotten screwed!:mad:

Well, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. But after returning from Adventure two weeks ago my opinion is about as far away from yours as can be. And to be honest, I don't think that comments like yours really help people, who have personal experience with RCI, see your point of view even if you do have very legitimate concerns. I am curious, did your family and friends that you referred to RCI return from their cruises feeling like they had been ripped off? And if they did why did you not stop referring people to RCI long ago?

(off topic)

Have a great one. Although I am probably posting this too late for you to get it. Looking forward to what you have to say about the cruise when you get back.

It sounds like an amazing time it about to occur for you. Enjoy every minute of it. Most of all, congratulations for being a "survivor".

And my opinion right now is that Royal Caribbean sucks! I will cruise RCI again, !:mad:

Just wondering....:confused::confused:

That is strange if you think Royal Sucks why would you be cruising with them in the future. :rolleyes:

If I thought a cruiseline sucked I would say goodbye forever and move on to another line! :eek:

No, but if I did offer a perk like this it would be one of the first things I would consider to go on the "Chopping Block".

Goodness me .........why do you have to be so honest? You're totally spoiling it for some of the Zirconia's on here!!

Of course, we would prefer a CL there's nothing better than meeting like minded travellers over the first glass of the day but the itinary alway wins.

First glass of the day, they don't have free drinks at breakfast, unless of course you mean coffee.:D

Doesn't look good for the Magpies. Watched them earlier today and I'll bet Shearer wouldn't have squandered some of those opportunities. Hope they survive, but it's looking grim.

Archived