Balmoral - 100th anniversary of Titanic disaster retraced with transatlantic crossing

Goldryder

Thanks for posting this link! I'd love to take this cruise too, although I do think it would feel a bit strange when sailing past the site of the sinking.

From looking at the itinerary, the onboard lectures and events, it seems like you would get a real insight into what sailing 100 years ago was like.

I am sure it will sell out pretty quick -- anyone planning on booking?

Kelly

Kelly Ranson

U.K. Editor

It looks like the ship will hold position on the exact co-ordinates where Titanic went down, and a ceremony will be taking place to remember those who were lost and it will be taking place at the exact time that Titanic hit the berg and completes at the time of her sinking. It will be an emotional time for all the passengers & crew aboard Balmoral, it will be a real night to remember.

Then to visit the graves of those whose bodies were recovered will also be a day for mixed emotions.

Certainly a one-off cruise.

It will be an emotional time for all the passengers & crew aboard Balmoral, it will be a real night to remember.

Then to visit the graves of those whose bodies were recovered will also be a day for mixed emotions.

Certainly a one-off cruise.

Emotional! Come off it, will there be any one who was there? Anyone closely related to someone who was there? The crew will probably be celebrating that they don't have to work in the conditions on the Titanic. As for the passengers, I expect most of them would of been 2nd or 3rd class then, so something else to celebrate I suppose.

Visiting the graves of people you have nothing whatsoever to do with, because they were on 'Titanic' is just weird.

Thankfully a one off!! I hope you enjoy it, but not one for me…

Emotional! Come off it, will there be any one who was there? Anyone closely related to someone who was there? The crew will probably be celebrating that they don't have to work in the conditions on the Titanic. As for the passengers, I expect most of them would of been 2nd or 3rd class then, so something else to celebrate I suppose.

Visiting the graves of people you have nothing whatsoever to do with, because they were on 'Titanic' is just weird.

Thankfully a one off!! I hope you enjoy it, but not one for me…

If Millvina Dean (the only survivor) is still alive and well enough for the trip (she's 97 now, so would be 100 appropriately enough) then I'm sure they'd invite her along - she was only 2 months old at the time

• 2 weeks later...
Way too expensive in pounds for what you get and out of the question in dollars.

More than 3 time the price of a transatlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2... how can they justify such prices?

No doubt there will be sme discounting in 2011 to try to fill th unsold cabins

More than 3 time the price of a transatlantic crossing on Queen Mary 2... how can they justify such prices?

No doubt there will be sme discounting in 2011 to try to fill th unsold cabins

Yes but its twelve nights , and i think it will sell out long before 2011.

Archived