Hotels in Miami the day before the cruise???

REDWITCH13

Maybe someone can lend me a hand....

My girlfriend and I are planning on taking a cruise out of Miami that leaves Sunday, Jan 3rd, 2010. Since we are leaving from Minnesota, we thought it might be a good idea if we left a day early (since Minnesota is notorious for snow). So right now we are looking for hotels in the Port of Miami area (we want to stay close to that area if possible) and in truth, we are not exactly the wealthiest people in the world... so we are looking for a room for less than $100 for the night of Sat. Jan. 2nd.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for a reasonably priced and clean hotel to stay in the night before our cruise. Is there anything with in walking distance to the ship that has places to eat nearby? Taking a cab would be fine, I am just looking for convenience and would like to be close. Any suggestions for hotels and great restaurants would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laura

We got a room at the Intercontinental through Easyclick travel for $129/nightTravelzoo had a $99 special on the Intercontinental in April. We really like Easyclick,because the room is refundable up to 3 days before arrival ,you know what hotel you are getting,and best of all,because of the refundable policy-if the price drops you can rebook at a lower rate. In fact we did this.We originally booked at $149/night and were able to get the better rate Karen:)

Maybe someone can lend me a hand....

My girlfriend and I are planning on taking a cruise out of Miami that leaves Sunday, Jan 3rd, 2010. Since we are leaving from Minnesota, we thought it might be a good idea if we left a day early (since Minnesota is notorious for snow). So right now we are looking for hotels in the Port of Miami area (we want to stay close to that area if possible) and in truth, we are not exactly the wealthiest people in the world... so we are looking for a room for less than $100 for the night of Sat. Jan. 2nd.

Any help would be appreciated.

We were able to get the Hyatt Regency for $85 ($104 after taxes/fees) on Priceline for a Sat night in May. It was $100+tax/fees on Hotwire, and $194++ on their website.

We were able to get the Hyatt Regency for $85 ($104 after taxes/fees) on Priceline for a Sat night in May. It was $100+tax/fees on Hotwire, and $194++ on their website.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

jnicktem, you are flying into Miami during peak season.

My suggestion would be to book a cancelable backup and start stalking the discount websites.

Inexpensive rooms may open up at the last minute but you'll still pay over $150 for a moderate hotel.

Trust me, you do not want to stay in a hotel in Miami over New Years Weekend that is only $100 per night.

Miami is an expensive town and you are arriving peak season.

Keep shopping and you'll find something!

I am looking for a reasonably priced and clean hotel to stay in the night before our cruise. Is there anything with in walking distance to the ship that has places to eat nearby? Taking a cab would be fine, I am just looking for convenience and would like to be close. Any suggestions for hotels and great restaurants would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laura

Holiday Inn Bayside. Clean, inexpensive and right across the street from Bayside Center. Very good Cuban restaurant there: Los Ranchos.

Has anyone that has stayed here know approx. how much the taxi cost from the hotel to the port?

Flat rate from the airport to cruise port is $24. I'm not sure if they mean an aiport terminal or the airport area including hotels.

Flat rate from the airport to cruise port is $24. I'm not sure if they mean an aiport terminal or the airport area including hotels.

They mean between the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport only. Miami-Dade taxi regulations require metered fare between other locations, including airport and port-area hotels.

Last week we stayed at the Cadet Hotel near Miami Beach. It is a really neat little art deco type of hotel. The service was amazing, with fresh flowers and fruit in the room when we got there and chocolates and bottled water in the evening. I found out about this place on Trip Advisor and it has rave reviews there. It is not too expensive and is about a $20 taxi ride to the pier. You can easily walk to the beach and the shops/restaurants on Lincoln Road.:)

Archived