Adventure or Splendor

Hi...

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked - - but we're looking at booking the So. Caribbean cruise next April - and based on where we want to start and then visit, we can choose either the Adventure or the Splendor...anyone able to give a good opinion of one over the other?

Also, plan on booking a cabin w/balcony - any locations better than the others?

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thanks!!

:p

The Adventure in the Southern Caribbean is my favourite cruise! I haven't been on the Splendor so I can't compare the two but you won't be disappointed in the Adventure. As for a balcony cabin, I prefer one on Deck 10 near the stairs because it's close to Deck 11.

em

The Adventure in the Southern Caribbean is my favourite cruise! I haven't been on the Splendor so I can't compare the two but you won't be disappointed in the Adventure. As for a balcony cabin, I prefer one on Deck 10 near the stairs because it's close to Deck 11.

em

Same for us.....we have not been on Splendor but we can tell you about AOS. Our favorite cabins are corner AFT 7688 and 7388. We had 7688 last year and my brother had 7388. Also a fave is deck ten corner AFT 1688 and 1633. If on 7688 you get more balcony and regular cabin. On 1688 you get more cabin and less balcony. Search corner afts for Bonnie Voyager, she has all the pics on webshots.

Arrrggh, you're right...it's the Serenade. Don't know what I was thinking about :p

There is one fantail balcony cabin avail at the moment on the Adventure - - any opinions on a fantail? Good/bad??

I REALLY appreciate any feedback. The last time we cruised, it was on the Carnival Triumph and we went out of Miami, stopping at San Juan, St. Thomas and St Maarten....so, thought we'd try another line this time, and leave out of St. Juan.

Thanks all!! Happy Cruising!!

Arrrggh, you're right...it's the Serenade. Don't know what I was thinking about :p

There is one fantail balcony cabin avail at the moment on the Adventure - - any opinions on a fantail? Good/bad??

I REALLY appreciate any feedback. The last time we cruised, it was on the Carnival Triumph and we went out of Miami, stopping at San Juan, St. Thomas and St Maarten....so, thought we'd try another line this time, and leave out of St. Juan.

Thanks all!! Happy Cruising!!

Let us know what cabin number and we'll tell you if it's good or not, but the good aft cabins are awesome, so you may want to hold it and then ask so you don't miss out on a great one.

As a former Carnival cruiser myself (see my signature), I call tell you that you would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Adventure. It is the ship that turned us into Royal Caribbean cruisers.

I'm booked on Serenade for my next cruise, but it was a very tough choice between Adventure and Serenade. We narrowed it to these two because we really wanted to revisit our two favorite ports to date: Dominica and St. John (via St. Thomas). Both ships had itineraries that stopped at those two islands.

I've never sailed on a Radiance class ship before (Serenade), but we ended up choosing that one to expand our horizons. New class of ship and two new islands we've never visited. On the other side of the coin, it's more port intensive than we typically prefer. We like having two sea days and four ports of call. Serenade has one sea day and five ports of call. We had that on our Carnival Destiny cruise and found it exhausting. We'll have to try to pace ourselves better this time!

Adventure is part of the Voyager class of ships and that is my favorite class to date. Freedom was a little too large for me. I've never sailed on Vision class and Radiance class is coming up in 2010!

I really think you'll be delighted with Royal Caribbean. If you choose Adventure, be sure to attend the parades in the Royal Promendade. They only last about 20 minutes, but they are awesome! And on any RCCL ship, be sure to attend the Quest show. Don't let anyone describe it to you in advance...it's more fun to be surprised!

ENJOY!

Archived