I'm down to 35 days! Is it really going to happen?

kadiebug12

Well, after a year of planning the reality is hitting me, we board the Caribbean Princess for our at sea wedding in 35 days! Wow, what a ride it's been. With the holidays I'm sure it will be here before we know it. Been so busy planning the wedding cruise, haven't even gotten a chance to get excited about the honeymoon cruise yet! Our final guest list is 27 sailing guests attending, I hope that won't feel too small for the dancing and DJ. Any advice on "must do's" in the last 30 days????

Hey Kadie,

Let me just say that I am very excited for you. You will see your planning has surely paid off. Through out this whole year you have been very organized. Remember to relax, check over all travel documents, and when you get there, eat a good breakfast and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

Take care,

Shari:p

• 2 weeks later...

We have just started researching have a wedding cruise for June 2006 and would love to hear how yours went when you get back. We have heard good things about Eastern Caribbean Princess. Which one did you choose? Will you be married at sea? Sorry if some of this is repeat from previous emails. Thank you so much and have a wonderful cruise!

Hi Kadie! I share your excitement as I'm getting married on Splendour of the Seas 1/15/05. My wedding is very simple and very small - we're not even having a reception and only have 8 sailing guests, but the excitement level is incredible! Best wishes to you - relish every moment!:D

Congrats Jody!!! We're really starting to get excited, we have family coming in a week from today. The Captain of our ship changed our ceremony location yesterday, so that was a curve ball, but I figure it's his ship, he probably knows best.

Good Luck & enjoy every moment!

Well, I guess one of the last things The Wedding Experience does is have the Captain confirm the location. When they contacted the Captain, he responded and didn't want to do it at the Spa Pool, he wants to do it at the Aft Pool. He says the Spa Pool will be windy and hot. The Aft Pool has a spectacular view, but it's just hard to change gears with 10 days left to go, you know? We're a little worried about the three decks that look onto the Aft Pool, I'm thinking it won't be that private, plus I'm not sure where we'll stand. I asked if they would cover the pool so we could stand on it (they turn it into a dance floor a few times during the cruise for parties, so I know they can do it), but since my coordinator is on vacation for the Holidays Lisa couldn't give me a straight answer. We're not worrying about it too much, we figure the Captain knows his ship, so he'll know the best location, don't you think? I have pictures of both pool locations here: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EekNm7Fo2bvrg

What do you think?

Hi Kadie, It has been some time since I haven't given news to you personally about our Princess cruise last November. The wedding was fabulous !!! Since then, I was so busy (honeymoon cruise, party back home for over 100 guests). From now, I will spend some time preparing a post/thread with all possible details that could help future brides (and pictures of course :) ).

When do you leave, Kadie? Do you have any last-minute question?

My advice at this stage is take all paperwork with you (and e-mail with the Wedding Experience). On embarkation day, you will revise the entire schedule of the wedding day (our wedding took place on Sunday at sea) and you have to check your information with the one that ship coordinator has. For us, there were no major problem, a bit mix-up with the flowers, but they were very helpful and resolved it.

Well, I hope you will get feedback very soon about your wedding location. It is an important topic, but as you said, I would trust the captain experienced advice. The captain did a wonderful job with us.

Well, keep us posted !!! And I will put a more detailed posting on my wedding very soon.

Good luck and enjoy every moment of that wonderful wedding !

Cécile .:)

Hi Cecile and everyone,

Well, we got some bad news yesterday. The Groom's father collapsed at his vehicle and is going into surgery for a quintuple bypass. The good news is, he is heathly otherwise and the surgery should be successful, that bad news is the Groom now has NO groomsmen (brother and father were his groomsmen) and also no family at all coming to the wedding (he originally had 10 family members booked that all cancelled for one reason or another). My heart is broken for him, and we're worried about his father. Better that they discovered this now, and not in the middle of the caribbean or worse, when it was too late, but my fiance's still sad just the same.

We leave a week from today. I already have a file I'm taking on board with me that contains my confirmation letter, my receipt and the e mail from them saying that all the changes I wrote into the confirmation letter were made. Should that be enough documentation or should I bring more? What did you mean that you revised the entire wedding day? Should I bring notecards onboard incase there are schedule changes to notify guests?

I can't believe we leave a week from today. So much to do, so little time. :) Just finished my spa day invites for my bridesmaids for our manis/pedis the day before we leave. Picked up my dress, it's amazing. Desperatly searching for a veil (YIKES). Not sure what we're doing about groomsmen, not sure how the wedding experience will handle this last minute change. Head now spinning. :) LOL Just kidding, could be the champagne from last night.

Better get back to my "to do" list. Thanks for all the support!

Kadie- wow, what unfortunate news. I hope the surgery goes well. I am excited for you, otherwise, however. You are so very close. I'm sure thing will go well. Unexpected things do happen. I will never forget turning an unsightly blotchy color across my exposedflesh at my first wedding (this is my second, DF's first) when my mother, grandparents, sister and niece were all conspicuously late on my wedding day. Not a few minutes either.....more like an hour and a half. Fortunately, it was pre-wedding photography they missed, not the ceremony. But you can see those lovely blotches in all my pictures. I am focusing on not blotching this time. :-) I wish you the same calm! I am already impressed by your dealing with the various little snafus (points, changed location) so I have confidence that you will have a wonderful day and in turn you will be able to report back and in turn help calm me! :-)

A & C -- I am also getting married on the CP and would love to see your review/experience/pictures/anything you are willing to share.

thanks and good luck kadie!!!!

Hey kadiebug and ladies! I just discovered this site today, and I am inspired by all of your conversations. We are getting married aboard the CP on Valentines Day and have 53 guests sailing with us to attend the ceremony and reception. I was searching for someone in the same "boat" as I am and I'm amazed at how supportive you are of each other and the advice you give from the heart! I will be getting married in 44 days and I will definately be on this site to learn from you as often as possible! Has anyone gotten married in the Skywalkers Lounge? We have too many people to have the chapel and I'm a little bummed...

Kadiebug, I also wanted to let you know that under the circumstances with your new father in law's condition you have handled everything graciously. It is apparent that you have kept your priorities in the right place by focusing on what is important- loved ones.

sasch

Thanks for all the support everyone. My fiance is feeling a bit better now. I think his parents want to do a cruise with us for our one year anniversary since they're missing the wedding cruise and as soon as my parents heard they wanted to join in, and now I think we may have a "reunion" of sorts for our anniversary on another cruise. We thought that would be just like our wedding all over again, and that it would be a blast.

One of my fiance's friends is going to step up and be a groomsmen, he's getting measured for the tux today. I'm wondering how The Wedding Experience will handle everything on Monday when I let them know about the last minute changes.

We're still so very excited and it's now less than a week away! I can't believe it. I hope the aft pool location for the ceremony works out, if not, we're small enough (with all the groom's family last minute cancellations) to now fit in the chapel I believe, so we'll just do it in there if we're not happy with the Aft Pool. I'm really excited to see how everything turns out, the cake, the flowers, etc.

Well, I've updated my planning site with the bridesmaids gifts, the spa invitations and my trial makeup run. Will try to get completed program pics and completed welcome bag pics on there before we leave, but if not will upload them as soon as we get back.

We're getting 7 hours of photography for the wedding and we bought the negatives so I'm wondering how many CD-Roms of pics we'll be bringing home.

Well, I'm off to start packing, have family coming in day after tomorrow and we wanted to pack before they got here.

Thanks Again for all the support!

Planning Website: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=kadiebug12

Kadie,

I am so sorry to hear about your new father-in-law. I have been away for a couple of days, so am just getting back to things now. Hope things are going better. You know you can email me if anything. Have the guest started to arrive? Your knot profile is great. I know you guys will have a great time regardless. I wish you all the best, and you know I will be waiting to hear when you get back.

Take care and talk to you soon!:p

Well, this will be my last post before we leave. Have a house full of parents and bridesmaids. Made the programs yesterday (they are AMAZING), put together the welcome bags, made the welcome letters, the itinerary's for the bags, all kinds of good stuff. Took pics of it all, won't have time to upload them until we get back. I'm headed out for my spa day with the bridal party and then to dinner, then tomorrow morning at 10AM the limo picks us up.

Thanks for everyone's support, we're not even onboard yet and this whole experience is already amazing. Will post a reply (hopefully before the honeymoon) as soon we get back.

Thanks Again everyone!

Kadie

• 3 months later...

Hi-

I actually wrote a full review and posted some pictures upon our return in late January, If you search for it, it's called "My Princess Wedding Review and Pics" but you should be able to just click on my name "kadiebug12" and an option will come up to view all posts by me and you'll see it there.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kadie

ThirtyFive Days for me to go as of today!!!

Just got back from NYC where we got our license on Thursday.

My wedding will be on the Carnival Legend in New York City on May 29th, 2005.

34 Total Guests with 13 of them sailing.

Flowers are ordered--mini cali lillies and white roses, cake will be chocolate with white frosting. Orderes a Sculptured Glass Cake Topper with intertwined anchors. Bridal Attendents will be in nautical navy.

Archived