Balcony on Star vs Grand Princess

winesfine

On a recent Caribbean cruise on the Grand Princess we had a balcony room on Caribe deck. To our very pleasant surprise the balcony was twice the size as normal.

We are now in the process of booking the Star for a Mediterrean cruise and would like to book a room with the same size balcony. When I look at the deck plan, it appears that the Dolpin deck has the larger balcony. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Aren't all the staterooms on Dolphin Deck mini's? They are totally exposed and not as large as the Caribe balcony but the room is larger. The last 2 on each side on Dolphin are "handicap accessible" and have a larger balcony but the beds cannot be placed together and no tub in the bathroom.

Thanks for your info. We especially liked the Caribe balcony as it was partially covered and partially exposed. Although bigger is better it was especially nice to have the partially covered (aka private) area.

Don't know how I'm going to do waiting this long for another cruise. 18 long months. Whew

Archived