Getting to Port Canaveral with stops.. best method?

TOgirl47

Insurance - Ohhh yes.

I actually work in Insurance (although not of the Travel variety), so I always buy year long policies to cover whatever vacations I'm taking. There is a great Trip Coverage you can buy in Canada from RBC that covers Trip Cancellation, Delay etc.

So at least that is covered, but I'd much rather not have to use it!

There is a thread that has tons of info on getting from OIC to Pt Canaveral. It lists shuttles etc and I think, not sure though, that if you mention Cruise Critic on Cocoa Beach shuttle, you get a 10% discount. I am enclosing the post number so you can look at it. The entire thread is huge, but there sure is a lot of info on it. Please read post 5024. Good luck.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=252

I haven't read any recent reviews on CB Shuttle so I don't know how things are but in Oct we had horrible service from them. We stood around in the hot sun while the person in charge tried to figure out what shuttle we could get on, she was pretty rude and didn't really care that I wanted to know what the hell was going on. After making us stand and sweat for a long time she finally let us get on a shuttle that had been there all along but made it a point to tell us it was costing her money. I would definitely read the departures board to see how service has been recently and again best of luck :)

In your situation I'd do the shuttle. Assuming everything in the air is reasonably on schedule, I'd grab a cab at the port, head to the nearby ABC store for the liquor (and/or Publix for wine), have the cab wait for you and bring you right back to the port. Depending on how much contraband you plan to put in your checked bag, I really wouldn't worry about the transfer to RR's. Never had a problem with a fifth or two. Be sure to give the luggage you're not going to use for the booze to the porter before you get in the cab so you have less to deal with when you get back. Two years ago my day before flight was cancelled and my next morning flight delayed in Atlanta (no surprise there) and arrived at MCO shortly after noon. Hired a limo the night the flight was cancelled and the driver REFUSED to go beyond the port or stop in route. Quick 5-minute cab ride each way and don't think I lost more than 45 minutes total doing my pre-cruise "shopping" and "packing."

Archived