Connie Suite Advice Requested

HRHAndrew

Hello all, I just recently found this great source of information and would like to ask the following question:

Do you think that an upgrade to a Celebrity Suite is worth the extra $800 from SS 6146 on an 12 night Carribean cruise?

I have read all of the postings about SS 6145/6, but wish there were some photos available of the cabin. It appears that 6146 is one of the best SS's on board, but I really like open floor space, and am not sure how much we would get in 6146.

As background, my lovely wife and I were in a standard SS on Infinity, and just last month in a standard veranda CC on summit. We use the veranda occasionally, but not for any real extended sitting. But we may in 6146 if the veranda is as nice as others have said.

We both will have quite a bit of hanging clothes, and I am concerned about the 6146 closet.

I am also assuming that an upgrade from a CS to a RS would be significantly cheaper than an upgrade from a SS to a RS if one were available at check in.

Any advice would be appreciated, as would the sharing of any photos of the m-class 6145/6 cabins.

Thanks,

Andy

I had a chance to visit SS #6146 on my recent Infinity cruise. Standard SkySuite layout, although slightly larger. Bathroom is much larger with both tub and shower. Veranda is almost as large as aft veranda (but wide rather than long, so better sunlight). Veranda is covered and has a nice wooden round dining table and several chairs. Main downsides seem to be that it is a connecting cabin (to the PH) and has a small closet (not as wide as in other cabins); CS has separate bedroom and a dining area but (I've heard) can get warm/hot in the Caribbean with direct sunlight on the large windows. Sort of a trade-off. Depends on what's important. SS 6146 is definitely the "best buy" in the SkySuite category.

Just my opinion, but I would never pay $800 more to go to a stateroom without a balcony while cruising the Caribbean. We don't use our balcony for any significant sitting either, but it sure is nice to have breakfast and a drink on during embarkings and sailaways from ports.

I wish we could say we were in an SS, but we are having to settle for a CC this next trip. :o

I only had a glance but it appeared smaller than any closet I've seen on a Celebrity ship. My friends, who were in the suite, said it didn't bother them too much because most of their things were folded and placed in drawers (there seemed to be plenty of these). They used the closet to hang a suit and a few dresses (which seemed to fit).

You don't know my husband! He loves to wear nice clothes. He's a fire fighter, so I think he likes being out of uniform! We'll make do, even if my formals have crease marks from being folded and put away in drawars!

Thanks!

Cindy Sue :)

• 3 weeks later...

We have had the Celebrity Suite and it is a beautiful room, but we had it on the alaska cruise. Those windows let it alot of sun and it my opion on a Carribean cruise that room will be too hot. I don't think the airconditioning will get the room cool enough. But if it is space you want with a fabulous closet and a great bathroom it is certainly worth $800 more.

We were in SS6146 on the Infinity last month and I think it is the same on the Connie. We really enjoyed the cabin and thought it was slightly larger than a standard balcony cabin. The bathroom was really big with double sinks, a tub and large corner shower. The balcony was also large with 2 chairs and one footstool,a round wooden table and 2 chairs. We ate breakfast out there most mornings. The closet is smaller than other cabin closets but we did mamage to get all of our clothes in there - I think there were about a dozen hangers. We put the bathrobes in the bathroom. There is an adjoining door to the Penthouse suite next door and we did hear the piano and the parties going on in there but these were usually before dinner since it wasn't really a problem. I would definitely book this cabin again and loved the excellent service from our butler Alfred - he was great! Enjoy your cruise!

Frend of mine was in the Celebrity Suite on the Constellation during the cruise on 1 October. We had Concierge Class on that one which we really liked. The Celebrity Suite (CS) is very nice and large. Lots of space, plasma TV, computer, electric blinds. We had a small party in there. But, it got VERY hot, even on the Canadian cruise which was a bit cold. I would take the Sky Suite since it has the balcony. All depends on personal preference. 800 usd seems to be a reasonable upgrade (is that total or per person).

Had Sky Suite on COnstellation on 11 Dec cruise and loved it.

Enjoy your cruise

• 3 weeks later...

We have been in both 6146 and a CS (twice). If you can upgrade for $400.00 each, it is worth the price. As far as the room being hot, the air conditioning kept our room very comfortable with the curtains open. And, why are they worried about the room being hot. The veranda would be be much warmer, wouldn't it?

Archived