SEATAC Flight departs 11:45 am okay?

southwestgal

Arriving at the now infamous Seattle Pier 91 onboard the Golden Princess (RT Seattle/Alaska/Seattle) on a Saturday morning (September 19th). Scheduled arrival is 7am. We will do self-disembarkation which is our method of choice, so should be off by 8:30 am. Is an 11:45 am flight out of SEATAC okay or should we just bite the bullet and book the 2:55 pm? If the 11:45 am seems okay, should we just grab a cab or book a car?

We've been at the other pier with Princess in Seattle, but we are just not sure about the timing with the new pier's location.

Thanks!!!!!

We were down at Pier 91 this morning. It took us about 35-40 minutes to get out to the Airport. If your flight leaves at 11:45 I’d grab a cab and pray that that traffic it light and you don’t have any hold ups because I think your cutting it pretty close. Last week we flew out of Sea-Tac and it took us a little over an hour to clear TSA security. The old Pier 30 was a piece of cake to get to Sea-Tac Airport. Pier 91 is on the north side of Seattle, lots more traffic to deal with.

Arriving at the now infamous Seattle Pier 91 onboard the Golden Princess (RT Seattle/Alaska/Seattle) on a Saturday morning (September 19th). Scheduled arrival is 7am. We will do self-disembarkation which is our method of choice, so should be off by 8:30 am. Is an 11:45 am flight out of SEATAC okay or should we just bite the bullet and book the 2:55 pm? If the 11:45 am seems okay, should we just grab a cab or book a car?

We've been at the other pier with Princess in Seattle, but we are just not sure about the timing with the new pier's location.

Thanks!!!!!

Since I'm going to be on that ship with you, I'm going to hope that we get back in time and everything goes all right, but you never know. 11:45 is cutting it awfully close, especially when you have to be at the airport by 9:45. If you book that flight, make sure that you have a plan B in place.

I have my fingers crossed for the same thing. I have a 11:30 flight out of SEATAC on Sunday, May 31st following our cruise on the Princess Star. My next option was a late afternoon flight. Going to use self debarkation and grab a cab as well. Hope for the best.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and thoughts. We decided to take the 3pm flight and not have any worries on our last day.

Good idea! We chose the same option. No way do I want to end a wonderful trip with needless stress worrying that I might miss my flight. I'd rather take it leisurely and have a bit of down time waiting at the airport. There are always so many variables and cutting things close means EVERYTHING has to totally go according to the best laid plans and reality is it just doesn't always happen that way.

Have a great time!!

We have only disembarked out of Seattle once in 2006 off our Panama Cruise, so don't know if it has changed, but we were 30 min from the airport and due to being 2 hrs late getting in, had to grab a cab, couldn't wait on our transfer. Our flight was at 3:30 we didn't get off the ship until 1 PM.

Archived