MSC Opera January 29, 2005

lgdavies

We're anxiously looking forward to this cruise and are wondering who else out there will be on board.

We're hoping that this will be a unique cruising experience...we were encouraged to see that the former Celebrity ceo is now running MSC. We though Celebrity was very special prior to its take over by RCCL, so we're hoping he has been able to capture some of those special Celebrity touches and implement theme with MSC.

Larry and Marie Davies

Hello, my wife and I will be on this sailing as well. We are looking forward to it. Should be a different experience. I just hope service and food are good becuse I have talked others in to coming with us and they are not seasoned cruisers like us and I don't want them to have a bad experience. Should be great though! Ship looks beautiful from the photos I have seen. Take care! :)

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on this sailing as well and flying in that day from NYC. Hope the travel gods are with us (i.e. smooth flight, no delays, w/o snow).

Irrespective of reviews I want to see and experience this for myself. As a part-time travel agent I must try as many ships much as possible before recommending something to my clients (especially due to the mixed reviews).

:D I'm planning on these ... catch more flies with honey, I say!

grazie, grazie infinite, perdono, per favore and prego

Thank you, thank you kindly, excuse me, please, and prego is used as please as well as "you're welcome" ...

And it would be good to accennare un sorriso (crack a smile) while you're doing it!

So. . . Has anyone been able to determine if the Jan 29th sailing is a Theme Cruise. Seems like MSC likes to have them. There were the Western Carib Baseball Cruises. I think there was a Rock & Roll Theme in December, There is a Country Cruise coming up in Feb. And a couple of Oldies I think.

The Theme Cruise page on MSC's Home page keeps giving a "page not Found" error.

Here's what I found:

MSC Cruises is offering several music and baseball theme cruises in 2005 aboard the MSC Opera and MSC Lirica in the Caribbean. Both ships sail round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale on alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries(Opera) and longer 11-night sailings to the Panama Canal and Southern Caribbean (Lirica). Baseball theme cruises are featured on 1/22/05, 2/12/05, 2/26/05 & 3/12/05 aboard MSC Opera.

Musical theme cruises aboard MSC Opera are Italian Music ~ The Caleps (2/19/05) and Classical Music (3/19/05). Musical Theme Cruises aboard MSC Lirica include Music of your Life Big Band Festival (1/13/05 and 1/24/05), Good Time 50's/60's Oldies (2/4/05), Classic/Branson Country Festival (2/26/05), Smooth Jazz/Club Noir (3/9/05 & 3/20/05), Music of Your Life Spring Festival (3/31/05 & 4/11/05).

I'm on the 29th too. I was supposed to be on Dec. 4th but it got delayed. This time I REALLY will be going!

Jana

Hi Jana,

I wondered what happened to you on the Dec 4th sailing. I guess I missed it - that you weren't coming and was looking for you at the "Sail Away".

We had a great cruise on the Opera. I just loved the ship and am considering a Mediterranean on the Opera next fall.

Don't worry, any of you - you will have a wonderful time.

I can't wait. I really was upset that my Dec. 4th sailing didn't work out. I won't have the comedians, baseball or music theme but I am so looking forward to going on her!

I'm sorry I missed you too. I wish you were going with me on this one!

Jana

I have an opportunity for me and my Wife to go on this cruise and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the dining was formal on this cruise and if so how formal?

This will be out first cruise so pardon the silly question if this is one

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

MY Son (age 39 look 18) and I (age 66) Will be on MSC Opera Jan 29th. This is his first cruise, my 21st but first with MSC. Have cruised in past with:

Baltic Steamship Co., Canadian Pacific, Home Lines, Holland America, Royal Caribean, Sitmar, Festival. Hope MSC is comparable to the late Home Lines.

I can be reached at E-mail ik0065@kingston.net

Art

I would like to propose an on-board getogether and since it was lgdavies who started the thread, I will defer to him for clarification to time/location if necessary.

In the interests of time, folks flying out early and the possibility that lgdavies and others who are sailing might miss this suggestion, I would propose:

When: Sunday, January 30

Time: 4:00 p.m.

Where: Library, near Caruso Lounge, forward deck 7 - Ponte Rigoletto.

Protocol: If someone has been involved in a similar on-board meeting like this before and if there is need of an identifier/banner, please take on the task. For identification, I'll wear a red polo shirt.

Ken, I read on one or the other of the many cruise boards, one of the easiest identifiers (that does not require funny hats) is a simple rubber band on the wrist. Because who would do such a thing on a cruise?

See ya on board. We arrive the night before. (Late)

mapsmith and mapwife.

Well, I would like to meet with everyone, but I suggest one of the bars or lounges. It's a social gathering so the library seems a little inappropriate, especially if there will be other people in there pursuing some quiet time...

I would think that Spinnaker, the pool bar, makes sense since it will no doubt be nice out, or Byblos or the Pub if everyone prefers to meet indoors.

Jana

Archived