Reserve Accademia Gallery (Florence) by phone

I try to book the Accademia Gallery in Florence via this website:

http://www.bassilichi.it

However, all the tickets before 12PM were gone, so I contacted them by email and they told me that we can only reserve from 12:00 a.m. via online, reserve before noon have to call 055 0039 294883 :confused:

Dose any one have experiences in booking the tickets by the above phone no.? Is it a telephone system or will have a staff to deal with your booking? Can you share the details to me?

I did the phone number way three years ago and am doing it again tomorrow morning for a few weeks from now, no problems. The call three years ago for both Uffizi and Accademia only lasted about 5 minutes. They do have more times available. The whole number to dial from the US is 011-39-055-294-883. You just ask for English at the start and you'll be done with your confirmation numbers in just a few minutes. You'll pay when you get there.

I did the phone number way three years ago and am doing it again tomorrow morning for a few weeks from now, no problems. The call three years ago for both Uffizi and Accademia only lasted about 5 minutes. They do have more times available. The whole number to dial from the US is 011-39-055-294-883. You just ask for English at the start and you'll be done with your confirmation numbers in just a few minutes. You'll pay when you get there.

Thx Nparmelee! Please share your experience after you make the call tomorrow. :) Is there any penalty if we no show? If we late, will they let me in?

I also phoned for reservations a few years ago and it was very quick (you'll speak to a staff member and get a confirmation # for your booking.) We paid for our tickets on arrival at the museum.

Here's a link to the official website for Florence museums with pricing information ... scroll down the page (under "Booking") for details on when the office is open for phone bookings: http://www.firenzemusei.it/00_english/servizi/index.html

Using a long distance phone card, the call cost me approx. 20 cents.

How much time did you spend in the Accademia and the Uffizi?

I thought the time in the Accademia is much quicker than the Uffizi. The David is one of the most incredible things I have seen!!! EVER! And the 4 Prisoners leading up to him. I didn't care for the rest of the art in the Accademia though. The Uffizi however is amazing for art, and takes more time. I would say we spent max one hour in the Accademia and twice that long for the Uffizi.:)

One of the reasons I think the phone call is a good way to make reservations for Florence if its a cruise port stop, actually for most places that are on cruise stop ports, is that plans can change and you don't pay anything until you pick up your tickets. No penalty for not showing up. I don't know what happens if you are running late, though, sorry. I would guess that if you don't show up when you need to for picking up tickets, they give them out to somebody else. Not sure if you can call them if you are running late and ask them to save your tickets for you. I just called, you get an automated system to begin with, press 2 for English and then 4 for bookings, real person comes on the line, asks which museum you want to make a reservation for, how many people, time (I requested 11:00, she came back with the options of 10:45 and 11:30 for our date), family name (make it easy on them, spell it out), they give you the confirmation number, done. We pay 21 euros for 2 of us in cash when we pick up the tickets.

Re: running late

I have read that the museums are usually "generous" with their timing; some people posted that they have been up to a half hour late and were still able to use their tickets. However, this is of course at the discretion of the museum staff and should not be relied upon.

Archived