Confused about OBC's

OK, I'm confused about OBC's.

We've previously sailed with Carnival, and since we've switched to RCI we're only gold members. We booked our 7 night NC and will be sailing in June 09.

TA OBC is $175.

C & A members savings certif. of $125 was taken off the price at booking.

Will I still get the $100 NC OBC?

Only the $175 TA's OBC is showing on my invoice.

I like the line, and will be sticking with RCI for future cruises.

We usually book either balcony or JS.

Will be platinum after our next cruise.

Since my TA has been consistant with their $175 OBC, I will probably be sticking with them. (didn't have a choice this time since RCI's NC said it had to be booked with them) so if the NC doesn't end up being cost effective, I won't sign up and will book directly with RCI.

I'm considering purchasing RCI stock since it's low. But, I'm not sure if it well make a big difference.

Just trying to get the most out of our TA, NC, C & A (and maybe RCI stock) discounts.

Any suggestions?

Book with RCCL direct and use the NC discount (although I'm not positive you HAVE to book with them direct). Then after you get your booking # and before final payment is due transfer your booking to your TA and get your OBC from them. You will not lose your NC credit.

Since Jan 1 there are restrictions on combining OBC's and C&A coupons. Basically you can apply one of NC OBC, future cruise OBC, Diam/Plat discount, shareholder OBC, or C&A coupon. However, any real cash OBC's from outside Royal, such as TA OBC's or Visa points OBC's can be combined with anything else.

Archived