Take out at the Restaurants?

sunryz710

Yes, but can people go and have take out without using a Butler?

I am going to book a min suite and know that doesn't qualify for any perks.. I am willing to do the leg work.. I would think it is a reasonable request.. since I could sit and order and tell them to wrap it.

Has anyone gone to the restaurant themselves and ordered take out?

Reason I am asking.. is my travel budddies are picky vegetarians.. I may want to try some of the other restaurants and they won't be able to eat anything based on the menus I viewed. Would like to be able to order take out so I can try some of it while they eat whatever they can find that they can eat.

Thoughts?

blue lagoons..if the ship has one...will wrap a plate to take to cabin.

many of us do it for the buffet..just no trays, have to ask for one or find one from room service.

MDR..no problems. no fees

i doubt that specialities would care, if asked..all fees would apply. just that they do do a call-in take out. would need to be there.

Yes, but can people go and have take out without using a Butler?

I am going to book a min suite and know that doesn't qualify for any perks.. I am willing to do the leg work.. I would think it is a reasonable request.. since I could sit and order and tell them to wrap it.

Has anyone gone to the restaurant themselves and ordered take out?

Reason I am asking.. is my travel budddies are picky vegetarians.. I may want to try some of the other restaurants and they won't be able to eat anything based on the menus I viewed. Would like to be able to order take out so I can try some of it while they eat whatever they can find that they can eat.

Thoughts?

If you all are interested in sampling one of the specialties, just have a word with the Restaurant Mgr. or F& B director regarding your friends. When I was on the Pearl a group went to Cagney's. There was nothing on the menu in particular that appealed to the one vegetarian. So they spoke to the Restaurant Mgr. and they made her something special for dinner. Of course, it's best to do this at least a day in advance.

If you go to the Garden Cafe for lunch, maybe they'd like the Indian station as everything is vegetarian there. It's quite authentic because they have a lot of talented Indian chefs onboard. They also have a "hawkers soup" section on some of the ships where you pick the soup stock and all the stuff that you'd like (bean sprouts, scallions, tofu, mushrooms, noodles, etc.) Apparently one of the stocks is suitable for vegetarians and they can just ignore the chicken.:D

I'm not vegetarian but have tried some of the veg. entrees in the main DR's such as the veg. curry. Quite tasty.

So while you may be able to "take out," you might also all be able to enjoy a nice evening out and about.:)

I can see taking out from the Blue Lagoon, but I can think of problems taking out food from the main dining rooms or speciality restaurants. Since most cabins don't have dining room tables, what are you going to dine on? A pizza or sandwich from room service is one thing, but a meal is something else. I guess you could dine on the bed....

Wondering if you can pay the fee for a restaurant and order take out to bring to your room?

Thoughts?

A few cruises ago, we ate a really late dinner in Tangos. It was lobster night, the waitress saw I was enjoying them so just before we left she brought me several to go. :D (I'm not normally a fan of the onboard lobster, but these were much better than normal IMO)

Regarding your veggie friends:

Last year aboard the Spirit, my husband and I went to Le Bistro... and lo and behold, the menu changed and veggie option I had the time previous was gone! The chef was able to create a very tasty vegetarian entree for me.

My experience has been that the staff with go to great lengths to accommodate dietary requests, as long as they are regarding component parts of the meal... you can't take the chicken or seafood out of stocks used, etc. good luck and happy sailing!

On our last cruise we couldn't take out from anywhere except from Blue Lagoon and the Garden Buffet, but not specialties.

I can see real problems onboard if many cruisers decide to get ``take out'' from specialty restuarants. These restaurants were created for pax to have a special dining experience at an added charge for their dining experience. when some pax ask to order ``take out'' from the dining room the galley chef's must then stop preparing dinners for the in-house diners and become more of a fast food venue. The specialty restaurants aren't, and shouldn't be, set up for a ``take out window.''

Dianne

Archived