Specialty Dining

ItalianGuest

Good afternoon...Ops!... Good morning from Italy,

being a Captain's Club member, like the most of you, I booked a complimentary dinner for my next cruise.

So, now, I've a CONFIRMATION NUMBER and the relative date-time indication.

My question is: What I have to do entering into the restaurant?... report my name; my stateroom number or my confirmation number? :confused:

I know just a little bit of English and so It isn't easy... may you help me?:rolleyes:

What exactly I have to say?

Two more things:

-Where I can book my 2nd complimentary dinner, once on board?

-Where or to who I have to pay the 5$ pp gratuity?

Thanks in advance, best regards:)

ItalianGuest

I would suggest that you 1) arrive at approximately the suggested time, 2) I suspect that your stateroom number should be sufficient, but it wouldn't hurt to take the confirmation number with you just to save a trip back to the room in case someone decides that the latter is what they need. 3) You'll be asked for your Sea Pass card at the end of the meal and will receive a slip for the suggested gratuity at that time. It isn't limited to $5.00, you may leave any amount that you chose. 4) You could book your second meal at any time after you board; we've done ours either in person at the restaurant, or even had our Butler do it for us.

It's really pretty easy to do and the system is designed to give everyone a chance at the specialty restaurants which are, IMHO, something quite special.

Hope that's helpful.

I would suggest that you 1) arrive at approximately the suggested time, 2) I suspect that your stateroom number should be sufficient, but it wouldn't hurt to take the confirmation number with you just to save a trip back to the room in case someone decides that the latter is what they need. 3) You'll be asked for your Sea Pass card at the end of the meal and will receive a slip for the suggested gratuity at that time. It isn't limited to $5.00, you may leave any amount that you chose. 4) You could book your second meal at any time after you board; we've done ours either in person at the restaurant, or even had our Butler do it for us.

It's really pretty easy to do and the system is designed to give everyone a chance at the specialty restaurants which are, IMHO, something quite special.

Hope that's helpful.

Thank you Greeneg. Your reply is very helpful!:)

May I profit from your helpfulness for 2 more hints???

1) " Good Evening, I have a pre-sailing reservation for this evening. My stateroom number is ... and the confirmation number is... "

2) " Good Afternoon, I'd like to reserve my 2nd complimentary speciality dining... If possible I wish a table for ...N°... at Aqualina for ...day... at about ...time... "

Are these sentences right? Eventually, may you adjust them?;)

Many thanks,

ItalianGuest

PS

Have a nice cruise around ITALY !!!

Buona sera, Italianguest! It is good to see you again! As always, your English puts me to shame.

I recommend that you go to the specialty restaurants when you board. There will be somebody on duty there making reservations. At that time, you can confirm your pre-cruise reservation:

"I made a reservation in advance for [day] at [time]." They will ask for your stateroom number so they can look it up on the computer. When you arrive at the restaurant for dinner, simply say, "good evening. I have a reservation for xx at [time]. They will again ask for your stateroom number and lead you to your table.

Then you may say,

"I would like to make my second reservation at [restaurant] on [day] at [time]." They will be happy to make your reservation for you.

I recommend that you plan to dine early in the cruise. If you enjoy the experience, they will at some point allow you to make more reservations.

I will be visiting your gorgeous country in May, on the Azamara Quest. I have not been there since 2005, and have just pulled out my books to study.:eek:

Arrivederci!:)

Buona sera, Italianguest! It is good to see you again! As always, your English puts me to shame.

I recommend that you go to the specialty restaurants when you board. There will be somebody on duty there making reservations. At that time, you can confirm your pre-cruise reservation:

"I made a reservation in advance for [day] at [time]." They will ask for your stateroom number so they can look it up on the computer. When you arrive at the restaurant for dinner, simply say, "good evening. I have a reservation for xx at [time]. They will again ask for your stateroom number and lead you to your table.

Then you may say,

"I would like to make my second reservation at [restaurant] on [day] at [time]." They will be happy to make your reservation for you.

I recommend that you plan to dine early in the cruise. If you enjoy the experience, they will at some point allow you to make more reservations.

I will be visiting your gorgeous country in May, on the Azamara Quest. I have not been there since 2005, and have just pulled out my books to study.:eek:

Arrivederci!:)

Buonasera Critterchick, è un piacere anche per me ritrovarla nuovamente su questo forum.

You are always very very very kind! Thank you !!! :)

Your phrases are really helpful... I'm thinking to print them on a little sheet and take it with me.;)

Enjoy your next Mediterranean cruise and don't worry about your Italian... ricordo che è già molto, molto buono... sicuramente superiore al mio inglese!:)

And please, feel free to ask whichever information you need about Italy.

Arrivederci,

ItalianGuest

hi italian

i believe when you board the ship there will be an acknowledgement card in your stateroom confirming your reservation (a card detailing the date and time of your reservation)

just take the card with you to the dining room

as far as a second reservation is concerned, you can make it at the check-in counter as you board the ship or do as critterchick advises

hava great cruise

Salve Signor Italiano:

Mia moglie ed io siamo stati vittime di questa ditta nel senso gastronomico. Noi Italiani ce ne intendiamo del cibo buono e fresco. In questa nave non esiste un cuoco, oppure un fornitore, che ne sia capace di rendere un piatto al buon gustaio.

Il pesce e` tutta roba congelata. Il manzo non e` di qualita` "Prime" come si trova nella ditta Seabourn.

Non siamo stati solo noi di questo parere; c'era una coppia da Napoli che condivideva la miseria gastronomica con noi ogni giorno.

Mi auguro che Lei non capita nello stesso inferno.

Sinceri Saluti,

Molfetta

Salve Signor Italiano:

Mia moglie ed io siamo stati vittime di questa ditta nel senso gastronomico. Noi Italiani ce ne intendiamo del cibo buono e fresco. In questa nave non esiste un cuoco, oppure un fornitore, che ne sia capace di rendere un piatto al buon gustaio.

Il pesce e` tutta roba congelata. Il manzo non e` di qualita` "Prime" come si trova nella ditta Seabourn.

Non siamo stati solo noi di questo parere; c'era una coppia da Napoli che condivideva la miseria gastronomica con noi ogni giorno.

Sinceri Saluti,

Molfetta

I don't think anyone has been promising that the food is on the same level as Seabourn. On the other hand, neither are the prices!

From some of the meals I've experienced, the chefs and kitchen staff are more than capable of producing a good meal. I thought the food on Quest on my most recent cruise was mostly very good, and in some cases outstanding.

As far as I can tell, you have been on one Azamara ship, on one cruise. If that's correct, then I'm sure you understand that things can change: chefs come and go, as do the Hotel Manager and Maitre D'. Maybe they had a bad combination on your cruise. There's no excuse for poor performance, but I don't think you can be sure that every cruise on both ships will always have the same (low) quality and preparation of food, especially when most other posters are not being so harsh. I understand that taste is subjective, and performance can vary, but if the food was as uniformly grim as you seem to imply, I am sure there would be a lot more grousing about it.

Lisa

I agree with Lisa. The food on my recent cruise on the Journey was excellent overall. In addition, Azamara v. Seabourn is not a fair comparison. Seabourn should be compared with Crystal, Regent or Silversea.

hi italian

i believe when you board the ship there will be an acknowledgement card in your stateroom confirming your reservation (a card detailing the date and time of your reservation)

just take the card with you to the dining room

as far as a second reservation is concerned, you can make it at the check-in counter as you board the ship or do as critterchick advises

hava great cruise

Thank you very much!:)

ItalianGuest

Salve Signor Italiano:

Sinceri Saluti,

Molfetta

Buon giorno Sig. Molfetta,

I'm sorry for your bad experience and wish you good luck for your next cruises!

Anyhow, I absolutely don't expect a luxury cruise experience and really don't think that the comparison between Azamara and Seabourn can be made.

I'm a Celebrity-loving and, as Italian , I always apprecciate their food... so, with Azamara, I hope in an wonderful experience to, maybe even better!:rolleyes:

Best regards,

ItalianGuest

I don't think anyone has been promising that the food is on the same level as Seabourn. On the other hand, neither are the prices!

From some of the meals I've experienced, the chefs and kitchen staff are more than capable of producing a good meal. I thought the food on Quest on my most recent cruise was mostly very good, and in some cases outstanding........

Lisa

I agree with Lisa. The food on my recent cruise on the Journey was excellent overall. In addition' date=' Azamara v. Seabourn is not a fair comparison. Seabourn should be compared with Crystal, Regent or Silversea.[/color']

I agree.

CIAO ItalianGuest

• 3 weeks later...

Archived