Do you always get a PVP when booking w/ Carnival

TakeMeAway1001

Good morning~

I booked a cruise for Oct through Carnival over the phone a little over a week or so ago. I also booked one yesterday the same way, this time the gentleman introduced himself as my PVP and asked me questions and provided me his extension and I rec'd an email from him with is name/contact info for any future needs. I didn't get any of that with the cruise person I booked the October one with and when I asked for her extension she said I could call the 800 and talk with anyone. So I guess my question is do you always get a PVP or do you occasionally just get an agent who books but doesn't necessarily become your go to person?

I hope this makes sense :)

Carnival will normally assign a PVP to a booking. It's possible that the person you spoke to the first time 'round was soon to leave or a supervisor who was just sitting in for the moment...

Most PVPs are pretty good but there are quite a few who are less than serious about their job and your vacation experience... I hope you got a good one!!!

:)

I did not have very good luck with our PVP for our last cruise, so we put our reservation with a TA. I doubt I would ever go with a PVP again, have more faith in our TA.

I think it is the luck of the draw, we just happened to get one that would not do anything for us.

Carnival will normally assign a PVP to a booking. It's possible that the person you spoke to the first time 'round was soon to leave or a supervisor who was just sitting in for the moment...

Most PVPs are pretty good but there are quite a few who are less than serious about their job and your vacation experience... I hope you got a good one!!!

:)

The one for the Oct cruise was so "blah" and didn't really seem to give a rats butt if I booked or not. The guy I got for the 2010 one was great, very upbeat and helpful. The one thing he did was ask me to pick a pin so if I wanted to go to a TA I could easily to that and then I got the email last night with his contact info and a thanks and that just got me wondering about it :) Thanks so much for your help!

I did not have very good luck with our PVP for our last cruise, so we put our reservation with a TA. I doubt I would ever go with a PVP again, have more faith in our TA.

I think it is the luck of the draw, we just happened to get one that would not do anything for us.

I would have stayed with our TA however the more cruises we booked with her the less helpful she became. Our last cruise this past October was the breaking point, once we were paid in full she suddenly stopped taking my calls, if I emailed her she would tell me to call the 800 # and speak to a CS Rep. I just truly felt like she was paid therefore she was done. I did get a opinion email from her after the cruise and told her how I felt she never even responded. Oh well, live and learn :)

As long as you have a standing relationship with your TA then that's great.

I would not recommend anyone using a TA unless they know that they're reliable (or have a strong recommendation).

We had a TA who was terrible at getting back to us and following up on our requests. We missed out on a $100 pp fare reduction on our cruise because of the incompetence.

From now on it's a PVP all the time. Now, I just need to find one that stays with Carnival!

I love my PVP! He is great. I bug him all the time with questions and he is always amazed when I know stuff before him that I get from the Boards. But he doesn't bug me to book cruises at all.

We all have our own experiences. I booked a NCL cruise thru a TA that my best friend uses for her CCL trips. The TA messed up the insurance, over charged me and of course I've never heard from again. With TA, it is their money when they mess up. So they are less likely to correct because it is money out of their pocket.

I had really thought the TA would do something for us - even a soda card for my son - she does stuff like that for my friend - but nothing extra - so I won't use again. I've booked 3 cruises since my NCL cruise that she missed out on because she didn't make me feel like I mattered.

I guess sometimes the little things are helpful, he asked me things that I wouldn't have thought to ask or offer like previous cruisers coming with us, dining preferences. He took the time to explain the different fare types, anytime dining etc. I just liked that he seemed to want to help :)

Archived