what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

I have been reading this link for a week! You could make a book from all the funny stories! So here's a few from our cruise adventures...

The good: On a 4 day RC cruise I experienced the surreal midas touch. I hit 2 large Wheel of Fortune jackpots, was the winning raffle number drawing for art, excursions, and a spin on roulette which I hit too. Then won big on the tables and was wondering if I was dreaming. These ladies came up to me which were watching the run and I gave one a "lucky" slot token. Later she found me and said she hit a $950 slot!

The bad: On a short Bahama cruise which tend to be more wild, we were walking out towards the pool and these teenage girls run up screaming "He's bleeding, help us!" Their DMF (drunk male friend) decided to impress with a rail dive into the pool. He slipped and cracked his head on the side which bled real bad but he was ok with some stitches. They did have to drain the pool and so he was not too popular. Since they had to drag him out floating face down in the pool we called him BOB the rest of the trip.

The ugly: Another short cruise we were poolside on sea day. We noticed a very large couple lounging next to the main pool and with full plates of food propped on their bellies. They were eating with bare hands; chicken, mashed potatoes, corn etc. As they finished they both procede to the pool to "rinse off" leaving an grease spill behind them! Then off the the buffet and back with round 2. This time as they approach the pool after polishing off another pile of food the staff asks them to hit the showers before swimming. They made a big scene and both stormed off. We thought the show was over until a few minutes later they showed up to "reclaim" their loungers with another plate of food!

We have seen some WILD Things over the years ... seen a Woman break her leg once trying to be cute and jumped off the Jolly Roger booze cruise:eek: before it docked and got her leg caught between the Boat and The Pier ! ! !

One Cruise Bree and Myself where on and a Guy was just buying drinks for people .. making friends and buying drinks .. till the last day and he had to talley up .. we where sitting within ear shout of the service deck and all we heard was him SCREAMING My bar bill is what ... $ 4500 Dollars Later ! ! !

But the Craziest I think is when we actually saw 4 people get left behind in Free Port :eek: :eek: :eek: and rumor had it they caught us in Nassau :D ! ! so it would actually be hard to pick one moment out .. but will keep a eye open on our next cruise to see what crazy things may happen :D

I recall on one cruise a lady who tripped and fell very heavily on the first evening in the theater. Fortunately while not badly hurt a medic was called who, did everything right, until he left. His parting words were 'Have a good trip!!!'

john

We were on a cruise where we rescued a jumper in the middle of the night. We woke up becasue they made a crew announcment in the middle of the night to realize the ship was not moving. We went out on our balcony which was right by the bridge to see search lights and crew down in the water. Eventually they got the man and had him in handcuffs. The next day the captain made an announcement thanking the crew for a successful rescue. It was unbelieveable to watch! We kept thinking, did that really happen?

We were on a cruise where we rescued a jumper in the middle of the night. We woke up becasue they made a crew announcment in the middle of the night to realize the ship was not moving. We went out on our balcony which was right by the bridge to see search lights and crew down in the water. Eventually they got the man and had him in handcuffs. The next day the captain made an announcement thanking the crew for a successful rescue. It was unbelieveable to watch! We kept thinking, did that really happen?

WOW--now THAT really is wild and crazy!!!

Another week and hopefully I'll come back with a new wild and crazy story.

Love this thread!

We were on the Caribbean Princess 2 years ago when an announcement came at 4:30am from the Captain, not just in the public areas of the ship, but in all of the staterooms....... Would MR. ________ of cabin_____ please call the pursers desk right away. Then 1/2 hour later the same announcement!

Come to find out, Mr _________ was sharing a cabin with his Mother!!! and in the middle of the night Mom didn't find "sonny boy" in his bed and got worried. So, the whole ship was awoken twice in the middle of the night!!!

At about 8:30am the next morning, I wanted to call that cabin and wake up "sonny boy" and ask if he had a good nights rest!!!

Keep posting everyone! Love the stories!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the funniest things I'd seen was actually something my ex mom-in-law did...

We were on CCL a few years back and we had just come back from the Lido deck and were getting onto the elevators to go back to our rooms. My Ex MIL had an ice cream cone, and neither me or my ex did as we didn't know that the ice cream machine was open. My Ex asked for a taste, so his mom holds the ice cream out for him to lick and she grabs it back quickly and says "Psych!" as he stands there stupidly. He couldn't believe she had done that, so he ran behind her and pinned her arms down and said "so now how about that ice cream??"

My Ex MIL looks to the left, then to the right, doesn't see an avenue for escape, so she just throws the ice cream on the floor...

LOL You should have seen my Ex's expression. It was priceless! :eek:

Oh, and another one that happened was the last cruise when I took my fiance on his first cruise. I was telling him how you wind up seeing the same people all week long on the cruise, and it's usually some odd-ball person that stands out and you then see them everywhere you go. We were at the LAX airport and I glanced around and pointed to a lady dressed all in purple with this old 1930's style purple hat with feathers and lace. "Like her," I told him. "That's the kind of person that you would wind up seeing all week."

We wound up seeing her everywhere all week long! She always wore unusual hats, and it was very cool to see all the different get ups she wore. Very nice lady. I just thought it funny I pegged her at the get-go. :p

Oh my god you guys....I have been laughing in the computer room all by myself.my husband is in the other room,like okay weirdo stop laughing so hard.

I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face,if I saw the older woman in the wheelchair I would of wet my pants....too freakin funny.

okay here's my funniest cruise experience....RCCL...Voyager of the seas

9/24/04 sail date....the last day we were in a port (St.Thomas) me and my husband were hanging over our balcony railing watching the crew start to

un-tie the ship...Up pulls a white mini van...yes like the kind that you see all over the island to bring vacationers around....out comes this balck man, he

was in his 40's.....everybody was hollering jestures at him,like buddy there's a

hotel up the road....hope you have some travelers checks on you...what a retard.etc.

The next thing you know after about 5 minutes of everything shouting things at this man,the captain comes on the over head pa and says good afternnon

everybody we have been called by the men that work at the cruise pier,they

said that there is man that didn't get on the ship in time.and we are going to

go back for him...Do then everybody was sorting of boo-ing...He must of felt like the world's largesr ass.

At this point the ship was far away from the pier..but we were only using the

side thrusters to push us away...so we pushed the hsip back next to the pier to pick up this ya-hoo.

This was the last stop before arriving back in Bayonne,NJ....So he would of had a fun time trying to get home.

so two days later on Sunday...this was a 9 night cruise...well the morning

that we were leaving...everybody was all packed into the bars,clubs...sitting down.....SO big mouth here..yup me starts talking about I still can't believe that that balck man couldn't be back on board like everybody else did on time..it was his responsibility! So the other couple that I was with was also laughing about it..

I was sitting on a couch and in front of me was a black couple with their kids.

so finally when there color was called I waved goodbye the lady who I had said a few words to...and as she walked by me she said my husband was the

dumbs ass black man that didn't get his sorry ass on the ship in time..

I laughed so hard...it took me about 15 minutes before I could compose myself to tell th eothers...also this man got a $500 fine from the pier itself,and a $1500 fine from RCCL...

I hope that this story made you day... Kelly

This story reminds me of the time I was on a cruise in the Caribbean on RCCL and when we were in Curacao, my friend and I were on the pool deck after getting back on in time for disembarkation and we were just waiting for the ship to cast off so we were watching the docks and talking. It was 5 minutes after time to leave and we kept hearing the captain paging this couple to come down to the desk. The ship finally let a huge blast and the crews were getting ready to slip the ropes and shove off when we glanced down and saw this couple just tearing up the dock as fast as they could go. My friend glanced down and said, hey, isn't that the couple that we have dinner with? I looked and saw it was! The guy was way out in front of the girl and he kept telling her to run faster.

At this point, a crowd was gathering on the deck watching and everyone started cheering and urging them on. Deck hands saw what was going on and so they stopped casting off and dropped the gangway for them to board.

Later that night when we saw them at the table, they were so embarrassed. They had a talking to from the Captain. We asked them why they were late and apparently she'd been trying to make a call to the States and they didn't realize that they had the wrong time set on their watches when we'd changed time zones coming into Curacao.

The next day as we left ship in Martinique to go on an excursion together, everyone kept stopping them to remind them to set their watches and they kept pointing to us and saying that we were their private watches :)

Explorer, leaving San Juan for the two day sail back to Bayonne. Left port at 12 noon.

Dinner at 6 in the MDR. We are on starboard (right) side. About 6:15 I look out the window, and see the sun on the horizon. HUH? When did the sun start setting in the East.

I point this out to everyone, tell them "hey, we are heading south, back to Puerto Rico."

Nah, can't be.

About 6:30 the Captain comes on the intercom, medical emergency, heading south to meet a Coast Guard helicopter for an evac.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother was kicked off the ship for smoking pot on his balcony! We were at sea when they caught him, so he got to stay the night, but afterwards they got the local police, captain and higher up the chain of command. No one actually seemed to care except the security guy who caught him. But back home in Miami, where headquarters exists, they cared--bye bye brother and his wife. (We were only 2 days into the cruise and it was in Hawaii, so it wasn't particularly close, however it was in America at least.)

Aren't all Lesbians girls?

An old cowboy - dressed to kill with cowboy shirt, hat, jeans, spurs and chaps - went to a bar and ordered a drink. As he sat there sipping his whiskey, a young lady sat down next to him.

After she ordered her drink she turned to the cowboy and asked him, "Are you a real cowboy?" To which he replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life on the ranch, herding cows, breaking horses, mending fences, so I guess I am."

After a short while he asked her what she was. She replied, "I've never been on a ranch. I am a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. I get up in the morning thinking of women, when I eat, shower, watch TV - everything makes me think of women."

A short while later she left, and the cowboy ordered another drink. A couple sat down next to him and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

"I always thought I was," he answered, "but I just found out that I'm a lesbian."

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this is the funniest. But people who have been married a long time may enjoy it. About 5 years ago, my husband and I were on the Carnival Destiny for our honeymoon. We woke up about 3am in the morning to alot of noise outside in the hall way. Screaming, banging, yelling... But because our cruise had already been ruined by alot of obnoxious people aready, we tried to brush it off and tried to go back to sleep. The next day we found out from our cabin stewart that a young couple a few doors down,who had just gotten married on the island the day before were having a lovers spat and were throwing chairs at each other in the hall way! Ah, young love. So after that night of little sleep we vowed to each other never to pick up a chair during our marriage! And 5 years later, we never have! LOL

I found the funniest part is that you stated people who have been married a long time would enjoy it then said you had been married 5 years. I know you probably didn't mean to make it sound like 5 years is a long time, but reading it sounded like it and I just had to giggle. Jack and I have been married THIRTY NINE years and we still think of ourselves as newlyweds..... ;):) lol

I was looking thru some photos of cruises past and ran into this:

Radiance of the Sea December 8, 2007. After the life boat drill we went back to our cabin to drop off the life vests. Our luggage had arrived and while the wife was still unpacking, I grabbed my camera and stepped out on the balcony. I saw some reflections of flashing red in the buildings on the pier, so I leaned over to see what it was.

Photo 1 - Two emergency vehicles stopped next to the ship with lights flashing.

Photo 2 - EMTs hauling a patient on a stretcher. I could not tell by looking what was wrong with the poor guy.

Photo 3 - The family (I assumed) of the patent emerge shortly after the EMTs with the patient.

Photo 4 - Ambulance departs.

Had to be the shortest cruise on record. Never did hear what happened.

1.jpg.dd0f2867bf3d535ac4545853fb46156d.jpg

2.jpg.4e40bf1aa983013c7957e981f77308ff.jpg

3.jpg.838acd39030ad925f4ad79a4131e5647.jpg

4.jpg.aa5a77aaeb507cb94366cfa620444d84.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This was in November 2005 during our first cruise on the Carnival Destiny. We're docked in Barbados and it's late afternoon. We've already returned from our excursion and we're sitting on the balcony watching our fellow passengers as they make their way back to the ship. A steel drum band is playing tunes and all is good, until a couple of adventurers decide to take a plunge in the harbor - repeatedly - directly behind the ship :eek:. They must have had a screw loose as they were right in the path of the ship's screws... Needless to say, the friendly officers of Royal Barbados Police Force were quick to the scene and fined them after a stern lecture.

dscf0671a.jpg

I've only been on one cruise before, back in 1990 on Carnival. On our first night at sea my wife and I had our picture taken in the nightclub. Seated behind us was a table with four women who appeared to be in their mid-forties, whom my wife pointed out were married but not wearing their wedding rings. I asked her how she know that and she motioned to look at their left hands - the ladies were all tanned and you could see where their wedding rings had been worn.

Later that evening we struck up a conversation with them and exchanged pleasantries. This was their "girl's only cruise" while their husbands stayed home with the kids.

On the last night at sea the top deck was almost deserted and one of our tablemates and I were enjoying our cigars when we heard moaning nearby. We were afraid someone might have fallen and was hurt so we walked over to see if we could help.

Instead, it was the chief engineer (partly out of uniform!) and one of the ladies doing the horizontal mambo on a chaise-lounge chair. Guess that's one way to end a cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

It took me over a week of reading to get this thread read. I have laughted so hard here at work my supervisor was tring to send my to be evaluated since he thought I had lost my mind.

I had a hard time explaining to him that he was paying for me to read about cruising instead of what he wanted me to do. Oh well he will get over it in time. At least I hope he does but everyone needs a good laugh once in a while. I just heard him laughing inhis office. Wonder if he is reading this thread now as well.

Happy sailing for everyone. I will be on my fourth cruise in 16 days and hope to have a few funny stories to add.:cool: