Electric Bike Tours

Mooder

Anyone done this? We are not big bikers and so the electric "help" appeals. Even with regular bikes, we are most comfortable with even surfaces. I understand they go on the Railroad Trails. Can anyone tell me that the trail is like? Pics I see look paved - is it all like that? Thank you for any input?

Depends on where the tour takes you. Many sections of the trail are dirt around the Hamilton area but paved in the Somerset area.

Thank you. It seems to be the Somerset area, not Hamilton. Following is the tour description. I saw a number of these places last visit but I am horrible with direction so I don't know what was near what. :) Thanks for the help!

Depart from the Royal Naval Dockyard... then ride almost effortlessly over lazy country roads to the Old Naval Cemetery and lovely Lagoon Park

Heydon Trust Chapel - circa 1620. Then pedal through quaint Somerset Village and quiet neighbourhoods to the historic Railway Trail.

You’ll ride on to Heydon Trust with its historic little Chapel and wonderful vista of the Great Sound.

Then on to Fort Scaur Park and a four minute hike up the short wilderness path to explore this centuries old British fort, with its spectacular 360° views of the Island!

Finally, it’s all downhill on Soundview Road to the Cavello Bay neighbourhood ferry wharf where you’ll sail back to Dockyard on a leisurely, 20 minute ferry ride. (or 40 minutes to Hamilton).

I must say this was one of the best excursions I've ever done. The father son team that runs it are great tour guides and totally focussed on safety. The biking is virtually effortless. I would do it again when we go this year but it doesn't seem to be offered. If anyone has a weblink to the provider I'd love to contact them and arrange a tour

I must say this was one of the best excursions I've ever done. The father son team that runs it are great tour guides and totally focussed on safety. The biking is virtually effortless. I would do it again when we go this year but it doesn't seem to be offered. If anyone has a weblink to the provider I'd love to contact them and arrange a tour

It's not?:confused:

I assumed since bermuder is asking about it and she's going on the Dawn, it IS offered.

Google....http://www.ezriderbermuda.com/biketour.htm

In fact, I don't see it in our list of available excursions. I found this online (was going to post a link, but you have it already) and have emailed them hoping I can arrange it independently.

paulekrause, when you did it, was it through NCL?

We did this tour last year and loved it! No need to exert much energy; the bike does it for you. Our guides instructed us when to change gears so the ride was effortless. One guide rode in the front and one guide rode in the back to slow traffic for us. I agree with a previous poster, it was one of the best excursions we've done anywhere on our travels.

In fact, I don't see it in our list of available excursions. I found this online (was going to post a link, but you have it already) and have emailed them hoping I can arrange it independently.

paulekrause, when you did it, was it through NCL?

April 2008 was when we did it off the Dawn

this tour is NO longer running.. I e-mailed them Yesterday (4/22/09)

they had to Shut down Last ( Aug) due to the Bad Econnomy in bermuda

Shoot! Thanks for letting me know. I never got a response to my email and was going to try calling. My sister will be relieved, but I am bummed. :(

Archived