Just got a $200.00 refund!!

BigDfromTN

We're at $200.00 ($100.00 ea.) and don't sail until October 31st!

I guess this is one of the downsides to booking the ridiculously low ES fares....I booked the Fantasy 5 day (NOLA 9/28) with an assigned 6A for $219pp. I cannot fathom that the rate is going to go lower than that as it is currently UP $130pp higher than I booked it. I guess the NOLA and Mobile sailings are good enough sellers that they don't have to tank the rates to get people on (our 11/30 sailing out of Mobile is also up $40pp from where we booked ($269pp).

I am so happy for the OP! But am realistic that when I pay rock bottom to begin with, the only place to go from there is up.

I never did get my price adjustment. I called and was told if it wasn't applied by today to call back. My PVP never contacted me. Amazing how they aren't so helpful once you are paid in full, guess they don't have as much incentive to "help" once they have your $$.

I have a field trip with the school to go on but I guess I'll call again when I get home. All they say is they can't access old rates you have to wait for the ES dept to do that. The rate now is $639, when I sent in both requests it was $609.

I know it's only $40 but it's $40 that should be mine.

this just is so confusing to me. We booked months ago for our Miracle cruise in November. We booked early saver and don't need to pay in full until the end of August.

Am I doing this right? I go into the Carnival website and make sure I am NOT signed in. I then search for my cruise and check the early saver price which has not changed since the day we booked it.

Am I supposed to look somewhere else or on other websites to see if Orbits or someone has it cheaper? I have don't that and they are all higher. I don't have a fare code to enter. Is it just too early for a November cruise to have a change?

I also need to call my PVP and change my dining option. When I speak to her, could she have price changes that I just can't see. I'm jealous of all you guys getting refunds and OBCs. I want some too! LOL

You need to keep an eye on early saver, fun select, past guest and resident rates (if any pull up after you enter in your state), those are all price match options.

I called back to carnival and after a 30 minute hold they verified the rate was indeed $609 like I said at the time I submitted my form. BUT since we booked with their PVP they couldn't adjust the rate for me. They had to email the pvp supervisor to do it.

I told her I already emailed my PVP and never heard back, she said well this went directly to the super. and she gave me his ext # if I don't get the match soon so I can call him direct.

Next year I think I will book direct with the carnival # or online and skip my PVP. His service has gone way down hill this year and there's no benefit to being booked with him. Just more work for me.

Archived