Tracy arm cruise

atlasali

I would like to take a day cruise to Tracy Arm Inlet from Juneau. Who does that excursion? I found one; but they leave before my cruise ship - the Radiance is supposed to dock (9:00am to 9:00pm).

Any advice?

I would like to take a day cruise to Tracy Arm Inlet from Juneau. Who does that excursion? I found one; but they leave before my cruise ship - the Radiance is supposed to dock (9:00am to 9:00pm).

Any advice?

Adventure Bound is the vendor that does this trip. Your ship does not allow for their excursion.

Other options are to charter a boat, but that gets very expensive. They charge a set fee for the boat. If you could find others to go with you, it would bring the per person rate down some. I know that Harv and Marv advertise it on their website. You can contact them. If they are not running the trip on your date, you can ask them for other charters that might be operating this summer.

http://www.harvandmarvs.com/Tracyarm.html

I have the same problem. Will be in Juneau on Radiance on 5/31/09 from 9:00 to 9:00. Orca says they are not going to Tracy Arm that day, and we are arriving too late for Adventure Bound. To charter the whole boat is very costly. If anyone has any suggestions, please advise.

Sometimes in the roll call sections, there are call-outs to get people from the same cruise to all sign up for a charter (each person contacts the charter company and pays individually). I'm not sure how many ships other than yours are in port that day (you can check the port schedule online) but maybe you could post in those roll calls. Tracy Arm is amazing - our ship (Regent Mariner) cruises in Tracy Arm in the morning but doesn't get very close -they have an excursion that leaves directly off the ship and goes straight to the glaciers, then meets the ship later in Juneau - we did this in '06 and can't wait to do it again this June. I hope you'll be able to see it.

Sometimes in the roll call sections, there are call-outs to get people from the same cruise to all sign up for a charter (each person contacts the charter company and pays individually). I'm not sure how many ships other than yours are in port that day (you can check the port schedule online) but maybe you could post in those roll calls. Tracy Arm is amazing - our ship (Regent Mariner) cruises in Tracy Arm in the morning but doesn't get very close -they have an excursion that leaves directly off the ship and goes straight to the glaciers, then meets the ship later in Juneau - we did this in '06 and can't wait to do it again this June. I hope you'll be able to see it.

Thanks Jina. I'll look into it.

Archived