Low sodium diet and any time; good idea?

terri1020

My dh is on a very low sodium restricted diet. We are signed up for late seating (May 24, CB) but would LOVE to try anytime dining. Does anyone have experience with a diet restriction in any time? We're afraid that if we switch to anytime, it will be more difficult to have his special diet follow him. Any advice or comment welcome. Thanks!

Terri

Our friend on the TA on Grand Princess last fall is on a very restricted sodium diet. We ate in Anytime Dining, but she had contacted the matre'de her first day on board to tell of her needs. He came to whatever table we were seated at each night to give her the menu for the following night and the two of them discussed the offerings and chose a menu for her. Worked out just fine. She always does this, as they cruise frequently, and always tips him very very generously at the end of the cruise. I think it probably averaged out to about three dollars a day.

My dh is on a very low sodium restricted diet. We are signed up for late seating (May 24, CB) but would LOVE to try anytime dining. Does anyone have experience with a diet restriction in any time? We're afraid that if we switch to anytime, it will be more difficult to have his special diet follow him. Any advice or comment welcome. Thanks!

Terri

Terri

Can't help with anytime dining.

My DH & I both had the low sodium meals, for the first time, on our Dec. Grand cruise.

First before you leave, go to the cruise personalizer, & in special requests, check off low sodium.

You will receive a card in your cabin the day you arrive, which you give to your waiter that night.

The next evening starts the low sodium meals.

I've got to say they were delicious, & much better without all the salt they are prepared with normally.

Your DH will not notice the difference.

Minette

My experience with ordering a special diet has been absolutely flawless...I require a gluten free diet and have dire results if I eat any wheat flour or wheat gluten of any kind. I have always sent Princess special services a letter pre-cruise making my needs know and also have checked gluten free on the personalizer..We introduce ourselves the first night at the anytime dining room and from then on we are visited each night at our table usually between the dinner and dessert by the maitre'd or the head waiter with the menu for the following day..I am able at that time to choose lunch and dinner for the following day. They must make my food separately from other dishes to avoid the cross contamination so I am sure that with all the attention and knowledge they have for special diets a low sodium should not be a problem...I would not worry about choosing anytime dining...we always have and it has worked out perfectly for me. Sissy

Archived