Tricking Princess Web Site???????

jfv379

I posted this yesterday on another thread, but I think the thread went dry.

This might work for those who can't seem to get Past Passenger rates on the Princess Web Site. Keep in mind that my price difference for a Panama Canal cruise on the Island, 29 Apr 10, Cat AC is $550.00 pp less as a past passenger.

"Here is what happened to me this morning when I checked the price of next years booked cruise.

I went to the "Find Cruises" link on Princess web site and followed through as if booking a cruise as I usually do. When I got to the part to sign in, I did so, and the price didn't change for the past passenger rate. I backed out to the sign in part and hit "continue" again. It brought up a whole new page with a half dozen or so options. The first option was "Find a Cruise". When I clicked on the link it brought me back to the "Reserve Cruise" section with all the lower prices for past passengers. Go figure.

Maybe all you folks who are not getting any price difference as past passengers can try it. I don't know why it happened this morning, just relating the experience. I didn't try it with any other cruise."

I had checked with my TA regarding a cruise we were considering, and got a wonderful cruise price, yet when I called Princess to find out availability, the price for same category suddenly jumped to over $3000pp. We aren't able to go so it didn't make any differance, but it told me, I will continually go thru my TA

I just tried two different cruises and didn't get a price change either.:mad: Maybe it's just those cruises, I don't know.:rolleyes: I did notice when trying this today that you should not be signed in to "My Princess" when trying the trick. The process worked that same as I described, just no price difference on the two cruises that I tried.:confused:

I thought I had it figured out how to save you folks some money.:D

I booked directly through Princess and got excellent service. They did tell me that they were in the process of upgrading their web site to make it more user friendly. Perhaps that is the problem.

I made 1 or 2 suggestions, they gratefully accepted them and encouraged me to call back if I could think of anything else as they would forward my ideas to the design team.

My suggestion ... Call Princess and let them know of this problem, I think they will thank you and pass it on for corrections.

Just a thought.

It just worked for me with a 500. difference on the Emerald/eastern. I don't know if I backed out the same but backed up a bit and then continued. I have already booked through a TA and now the TA's price is the same as the lower one I got on Princess. Go figure!!

i can back up but it doesn't go back to the sign in page, it skips that page. sigh...no deals for me.

I was originally going to tell you that you have to be out of your "My Princess" account before you start.:confused: However I went back to make sure before posting and now I can't get the lower price to show for my cruise either.:mad: If I were paranoid I'd say maybe Princess monitors CC and "fixed" the site.:eek::D

I'm just glad that I'm already booked at the lower price. And I'll still keep checking.

I didn't realize I was on DW's screen name.:D

jfv379

Just an FYI...Not all past passengers get the same past passenger deals on every cruise. I booked 4 couples on a cruise, all past passengers and I got 3 different rates including one that had no discount at all. It can be very confusing. At first I thought it might be based on level of the past guest, but that wasn't the case.

Princess treats their past guest well, but I wish they were more consistant from one guest number to another, or at least have a basis for the discounts.

Another weird thing happened to me on the "My Princess" web site. I had a few cruises that I saved so I could compare prices and watch for good deals. Now when I click on the "saved cruises" on My Princess page, I get an error message. I was on the phone with Princess the other day about another matter and I mentioned this to the rep. that was helping me. She could access it without a problem, but I am still unable to, anyone have any idea how I can get my saved cruises back?

Archived