Hair dryers in staterooms?

duckygirl33

On the quest last year,there was one in the batroom fixed to the wall type,standard hotel type and one in a draw in the dressing table, a hand held one that was quite good but not salon standard, but did the trick :)

We just got off the Journey and I wished everyday that I'd brought my own hair dryer. I have long, thick hair and the wall-mounted version on the wall wouldn't blow the fluff off a dandilion. Plus by the time my hair was starting to get dry the handle was too hot to hold. Unfortunately we didn't find a spare anywhere in the room. Depends upon how much hair you have whether you feel it might be worth it to schlep one along.

Believe it or not, that's about all I had to complain about on this voyage. :D Wish they were all so wonderful. Enjoy your trip!

We were on Journey in February- the only hair dryer was the wall mounted one that becomes too hot to handle after a short period of time. I asked the butler for a hand held dryer and he had it to the room in minutes. As I was checking the drawers one last time before we left I found another hair dryer in the night stand. I never thought to look in the night stand. Enjoy your trip!

Cathy

Hi! We are just back from the journey and I found the hairdryer to be fine. Also, you may want to check but I remember seeing something in the stateroom that forbid guests to use personal hairdryers; something to do with the voltage perhaps.

Just got off the 24 day Singapore to Athens cruise on the Quest.

There is the "blower" in the bathroom (just like the "blower" in hotels) Notice I said blower and not hair dryer. If you have long thick hair, you will be blowing your hair forever.

There is a separate hair dryer in the room, unfortunately, I had to ask my butler to replace 3 dryers (the forth finally worked).

So, to answer your initial question: yes, there are multiple hair dryers available. Don't bring one from home because I don't think the electrical plug will work. Just keep asking your butler for a hair dryer which works for you.

Archived