One Week Till I Cruise on the CP!

MaryLS

I just can't stand it any longer. We'll be cruising in 1 week on the CP! Our Bon Voyage Party is Sunday. I took my first cruise in July 2004 and I am so hooked. There are 6 of us cruising this time, 5 of whom are first time cruisers. Any suggestions you can offer for the CP? Thanks!

awww you're just lookin' to kill some time!

Me too!

We'll be right after you!

Our 12/18 sailing will be our second on the Caribbean Princess and our first with our family altogether so we're all really excited about it.

The ship does have some features unique to it which add to the Personal Choice style of cruising such as the Cafe Caribe, Club Fusion and Movies Under The Stars.

My best suggestion for this ship is to do just what you want. The Caribbean Princess is so set up to allow each guest to have a unique experience that to do anything else would be depriving yourself of a really great time.

On previous cruises, after the first one, I shyed away from the evening entertainment for the most part. On the Caribbean Princess the menu of entertainment options is extensive, not just one big show and a few lounge singers like so many ships.

Keep an eye on the events going on in Club Fusion. Some didn't interest me at all but some were truly memorable. Horse racing, for example, I'd never taken an interest in. But the way the events in Club Fusion are offered up, sometimes blending from one into another, I sat in on one race and was looking for them from then on.

Club Fusion, like the Caribe Cafe, is hard to describe but they both work.

The Caribe Cafe could easily be viewed as another buffet line just aft of the Horizon Court. On several occasions we did just that; went through the Horizon Court then kept walking and went through the Cafe Caribe line.

But there can also be a more formal setting dining experience there if that's what you want too. I suggest making it a point to go check this area out early in your cruise. The first day is best as they're geared up all over the ship to explain how things work and getting a good idea of what this dining venue can offer you early in the sailing is a great idea. I've heard a number of times "I wish I'd discovered this place earlier" from guests that stumbled on it on one of the last nights.

It's all about choice and Movies Under The Stars offers yet another dimension.

Movies Under The Stars was initially billed and still promoted as a place to reserve a cushy deck lounger and sip your favorite beverages while watching a movie. They still do this but this popular evening entertainment option has expanded to add another dimension to your choices of daytime deck experiences.

Before the choices on deck during the day included involvement in pool games, sunning, or relaxing in a quiet area. Now, with the addition of Movies Under The Stars, guests can still do those things but can also enjoy a daytime movie or music videos. The screen is just that brilliant and the sound just that good. I saw a lot of the Walkman Headset crowd with thier CD or Mp3 players at their sides while they read a book and enjoyed what was being offered up on the big screen.

Others preferred a quiet, out of the way nook someplace else on the deck area that Princess has done such a good job of breaking up in to smaller, more intimate spaces.

The Caribbean Princess offered us way more things to do than we could possibly manage in one sailing..so we're going back!

Chris -- Thanks for your great review.....um, rather explanation of the Caribbean Princess. We've cruised before, and loved all of them. However, I've heard some rather bleak discriptions of the CP. No matter what, we always have a good time and make the best of all situations. But you have made clear all the benefits of this ship, and how a passenger can make it work to their advantage. There seems so much to choose from, and you have made my choices easier. Thanks. Your comments are always noteworthy, but this one really describes the CP well. Will remember your comments on our February sailing.

Archived