Cochin, India

plimsol

We did a cruise from Athens to Singapoe in November 2005 which included a day in Cochin. We took the ship's tour of the Kerala Backwaters - loved it!! This upcoming November, we are doing a similar cruise that again has a day stop in Cochin. Has anyone done a private day excursion here that might have included a sail in one of the houseboats? I have done some searching on the internet but the offerings are all for more than 2 day stay.

We're heading to Cochin on a cruise two weeks from now -- I'd love to hear input too. A friend's friend who's from India says not to miss the spice market (black pepper is really good there) and that it's quite beautiful. That's as far as I've gotten!

Thanks for info on Kerala --

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

We did a cruise from Athens to Singapoe in November 2005 which included a day in Cochin. We took the ship's tour of the Kerala Backwaters - loved it!! This upcoming November, we are doing a similar cruise that again has a day stop in Cochin. Has anyone done a private day excursion here that might have included a sail in one of the houseboats? I have done some searching on the internet but the offerings are all for more than 2 day stay.

Archived