Cruise Lines in Trinidad?

I was just watching NBC Nightly news and saw a reporter reporting from Trinidad, or so he said. Directly behind him were a line of cruise ships, among which was an obvious Carnival ship. I didn't think carnival went to Trinidad. I have looked into that before, and the only one that went there was Holland America. Do you think they were there specifically for the summit? I just saw the last minute or two of the report. I thought he was going to say he was reporting from Miami, but he said Trinidad.:confused:

CCL VICTORY

ITINERARY

redline.gif

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART SunMay3San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00pmMonMay4St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00am5:00pmTueMay5Dominica 10:00am6:00pmWedMay6Barbados 8:00am5:00pmThuMay7St. Lucia 8:00am5:00pmFriMay8Antigua 8:00am6:00pmSatMay9St. Kitts 7:00am4:00pmSunMay10San Juan, Puerto Rico

If you read the link Mr Pete posted, you know the ships have been chartered for the week.

Cruise ships do call on Trinidad. Carnival Cruise Lines owned Princess cruises makes regular calls on Port of Spain. The reason Carnival ships do not is because Trinidad has for many years required passports for entry. The Fun Ships cater to Americans, who as a group have long shunned holding passports.

The many British lines that sail from Barbados in the winter months, P&O, Thompson, Fred Olsen, Ocean Village etc. all offer itineraries which include calls on ports in Trinidad and Tobago. Passport holding isn't an issue within their business model.

Archived