NCL Shuttle Pier to SeaTac

noobcruiser

If you book transportation from the ship to the airport (SeaTac in my case) do you get any type of priority for disembarkation\luggage handling\customs\etc.??

If our flight from SeaTac is at 12:25pm, would there be a benefit to book transportation with NCL as opposed to getting there on our own?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is - if you book through NCL, you have to wait until their bus is full before it departs to the airport. We bookd directly with Shuttle Express and they will meet us as soon as we get off the ship and off to our flight. We depart at 12:00. We thought that would be the safest to get there on time. Also, using the BAGS program would mean you would not have to carry your own bags. NCL checks their right through for you. Also, I believe each passenger can determine their own time of debarking if they carry their own bags or use the BAGS program. If I am incorrect on any of this, someone will correct me.

B. Cole

You are right about SW. Several in our party are flying with them and I don't think there have been any changes - but in that case, they are going to self-embark and we will be leaving the ship as soon as we can get off. Hopefully, no later than 8:30. Good luck.

B. Cole

we re booked on a 3pm flight..so we ll be just hanging around looking

for our best option..

for an earlier flight though we d probably do what we ve done in the

past..self-debarking with our bags and run like hell from point A to B..

:D

We booked transfers through NCL from pier to SeaTac because we thought that NCL would make sure you get to your flight in time if you booked through them. Our Northwest flight leaves at 12:40 p.m. Will we be okay? Also, can we use the BAGS program if we have a Northwest flight?

I think for $19.95, NCL will take your bags the night before and directly check them in at the airport, as well as print out your boarding pass so you do not have to stand in line. This is what I have gathered from reading this board. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

What's the price for NCL's shuttle to SeaTac? We don't have plane reservations yet and were just going to take a taxi but the BAGS program sounds nice, I hate lugging those things to the curb and then into the airport. Does Delta participate?

we re booked on a 3pm flight..so we ll be just hanging around looking for our best option.. for an earlier flight though we'd probably do what we've done in the past..self-debarking with our bags and run like hell from point A to B..

deepnite - if you have a 3PM flight, then do the Seattle City Tour excursion - it is 3 hours and includes dropoff at SeaTac afterwards. The cost was only $1 or $2 more than NCL direct bus to the airport. We did it and it was worth it rather than just hanging out for so long.

Howard

What's the price for NCL's shuttle to SeaTac? We don't have plane reservations yet and were just going to take a taxi but the BAGS program sounds nice, I hate lugging those things to the curb and then into the airport. Does Delta participate?

When we booked just a transfer from pier to SeaTac through our travel agent, she said that it costs $30/person.

Why take the shuttle/transfer?

It almost always costs MORE and takes longer than a cab.

If you are cutting it tight, take your own bags off and get a cab. Take control away from somebody else (NCL).

When we booked just a transfer from pier to SeaTac through our travel agent, she said that it costs $30/person.

You could get a cab from the pier to the airport for only around $35 total.

Wow, I thought this thread had died....

For those of you asking baout BAGS, here is the link: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BAGS

thanks for the link, sounded good; as we have to fly AT home:rolleyes:, SW closing up shop early on 4th of July it appears

2 things are bugging me though re disclaimer:

By participating in this program, you agree to pay the applicable service per person fee that will be charged to your onboard account. The BAGS enrollment fee is $19.95 which is effective June 14, 2008. You further agree and stipulate that the aggregate value of all the baggage noted herein does not exceed U.S. $100.00 and any liability of NCL for any cause whatsoever with respect to said baggage shall not exceed such sum and shall be subject to the applicable limitations set forth in the Guest Ticket Contract. This service fee includes up to two (2) pieces of checked luggage per person. You understand that NCL cannot act on behalf of the airline, therefore special arrangements such as seating assignments, meals, and other assistance must be directed to the airline.

is it just $19.95 per guest or is there a 'BAGS enrollment fee is $19.95' on top of the original $19.95:confused:

only $100 liability on baggage (aggregate) is somewhat disturbing.:eek:i do have TI that would cover, yet AirTran has managed to lose my baggage in the past; so i know it's not out of the realm of possibility.

sigh

im more concerned that if we don't book a shuttle, the taxi cabs to airport may be in short supply (even if disembarked by 9:00 - 9:30 am) & we may have a problem with all ive heard re seattle's infamous traffic jams getting to airport in time for 12:30 pm flight.

Archived