Just off the Sprit

cajuinbell

We just got off the sprit on Sunday, April 19. The over all trip was great.

We boarded the ship with out a hitch. Two of the members of our group got married on the Sunday. Which the wedding was ok. The food was great.

We did a few excursions.

Costa Maya we just sat on the beach.

Santa De Thomas Castilla we did the trolley tour that was great.

Belize we did the snorkeling and beach break that was really good. The rum punch as awesome.

Cozumel that day started off good but ended kind of bad.

We just decided to walk and shop that day. My dad was not feeling very well so he and I went back to ship to drop off some of the stuff that we all had bought. Once we cleared the check point he started to get really light headed and weak. At first we thought it was his heart so he took a nitro pill. Well when did that he passed out. It was not his heart. The pill made his blood pressure drop really low. In the mean time when i turned around to yell for help there was a passenger she said she was a nurse. Which I did not get her name. Thank god she was there. She helped till the ship's doctor got there. When he finally came too we found out it was not his heart after all.

After a few test by the ships doctor he found that he had a bleed in his stomach. The doctor told him and my mom that they had to get off the ship. So they were taken to an American Hospital in Cozumel. After a lower and upper GI he had little rips in his stomach.

They released him on Friday and cleared him to fly. They fly to Dallas an then rented a car to drive home back to Houma, LA.

He is currently at his doctor and on the was to the hospital for a blood transfusion.

So if the lady who helped me reads this please e-mail so I can keep you informed on how he is doing.

The rest of our trip was great. If anyone wants more details just let me know.

But if you go as a big group make sure all understand the rules on the drink cards

But if you go as a big group make sure all understand the rules on the drink cards

How scary for you and so good that the nurse (I hope you find her) was there to help....

Wondering, what did you mean regarding the drink cards? Did you have the Group Beverage Program? Just wondering, going with a large group and we're thinking about doing it. (I hesitated to even ask since it seems like such a small thing compared to your dad... hope it's OK.)

Thanks.

Thanks. He is doing alot better. He should be released after lunch today.

The drink cards you had to have 20 people in your group 21 or older in your group. The best thing to do is call the groups department with NCL or ask to seapk to the bar manager. They would better to explain it.

Archived