cell phones while cruising??????

kdesantis

:cool:hi, we are cruising on the spirit to Bermuda in july. Can anybody tell me if you can bring water bottles on board and also can you use cell phones? we are traveling with three teenagers ages 15-19 and im wondering how to get in touch w/ them when their off on other decks. I heard cell phone bills will cost me more than my trip if used while cruising.

:cool:hi, we are cruising on the spirit to Bermuda in july. Can anybody tell me if you can bring water bottles on board and also can you use cell phones? we are traveling with three teenagers ages 15-19 and im wondering how to get in touch w/ them when their off on other decks. I heard cell phone bills will cost me more than my trip if used while cruising.

You can bring water. You can use cell phones but at $2.49-$4.99 a minute depending on carrier you could in fact spend more then the cruise.

You could send a text message for $.50

Think about walkie talkies.

Call your cell phone carrier to get exact rates for both on board the ship and in Bermuda. Texting will be cheaper, though.

DH and I always use sticky notes on the bathroom mirror whenever we're apart. We've used our cell phones on board once and in Bermuda once, each only about 3 minutes. It didn't cost us an arm and a leg. But, now that he finally knows how to text ;) we'll probably use that instead.

forget the cell phones; 2-way walkie talkies is the way to go. I've seen lots of people on cruise ships keep in contact with their kids this way.

You can also rent a onboard cordless phone. I think they were $5 a day and i saw some people using them in costa maya on the beach. Ship was still in sight but maybe close to a mile away (antenna on the top of the ship for cordless?)

Archived