Push around car- worked great for our 11-month old

Littlegoo75

Parents-

I just returned from a 7-day cruise on the Conquest with our 11 month old son. We took his little push car in lieu of a stroller and it was so convenient. I attached a link to this little push car- for under $50, this thing is the greatest thing ever! It was really no big deal bringing it on board, and we were able to fit it into the shuttle from the parking lot to the ship without too much hassle, but if you have to fly, I don't know how easy it would be.

It even has a trunk compartment where you can store toys, bottles, snacks, etc.

As much work as it is to bring a little one on a cruise, this little car made things pretty easy. Although, I am sure things could get crazy if 100 infants were on board and every infant was riding around in one! The only con is that is doesn't fold up and can take up a bit of room in the cabin, but I am sure glad that we took ours along with us.

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1155&related=true

We will be driving out to Seattle, so we are packing the car full!! I have older children and a will-be 22 month old who will not be allowed to swim or hang out in Club Hal, or do anything fun with the big kids, so this is a fabulous idea for not only on the ship but for bringing along in the ports we visit. I'll keep a lookout at garage sales this spring. A car, play phone, and a pile of matchbox cars and we should be good to go!

Good luck! That's too bad, you're little one is just going to be a couple months shy of participating in the kid programs. We are going to wait until our son is at least 2 years before we sail again, and our next cruise will most likely be an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle next Summer. We'll have to fly there (not going to drive from Texas!) so not sure if I can bring a push car.

Definitely bring one, keep your eyes out on Craigslist....you can probably find one on there.

One thing I learned on this cruise is that I wasted a lot of space packing toys...my 11 month old was much happier playing with the Carnival Capers and empty cereal boxes than with his toys!

Also, the kids camps (at least Camp Carnival) have designated times where it was open play for infants under 2 years old. It was free if they were accompanied by an adult, or $6 an hour if they were left there alone.

Have a great cruise!

My husband, will be 28 month old and I will be going on a cruise in sept. I am plaining to take a few matchbox cars, books and some coloring books and crayons. That way if he does not stay in camp carnival and at night he has his cars and his books to read. And also he can color. We are also flying to Miami from Michigan. I wil have a stroller and the dog or monkey leash for him to use as well that way when he is walking around he will not run off like he sometimes does in the stores or if he sees something like the pool to go in. He loves water. We do say stop and normally he does stop were he is and waits for us but then again you know how 2 year olds are they don't alway listen.

Check with your cruise line to see if they have toy closets. RCL had a ton of toys you could borrow. Each night we had a different bag of toys brought to our room. We used a babysitter for our 15 month old each night so I don't know if that was how we had the toys available to us or not but I would think they were for anyone who asked.

My husband , will be 28 month old and I will be going on a cruise in sept. I am plaining to take a few matchbox cars, books and some coloring books and crayons. That way if he does not stay in camp carnival and at night he has his cars and his books to read. And also he can color. We are also flying to Miami from Michigan. I wil have a stroller and the dog or monkey leash for him to use as well that way when he is walking around he will not run off like he sometimes does in the stores or if he sees something like the pool to go in. He loves water. We do say stop and normally he does stop were he is and waits for us but then again you know how 2 year olds are they don't alway listen.

Just laughing remembering how sleep deprivation and distraction of children cause us to make silly mistakes. Hope you have a fun time with your lil one on your cruise.

Archived