Ocean Waltz First ever cruise

tutangata

hello i would like any information that will help me and my family on our first cruise. my wife and I have 2 boys 12 & 10. We are also travelling with some friends who have kids as well. we are all loloking forward to this trip and the days cant go fast enough.

cheers for any good info posted

ps i have read most of the sticky posts about first time cruising but there is little mentioned about kids and the ports of call on our cruise.

cheers

:)

hello i would like any information that will help me and my family on our first cruise. my wife and I have 2 boys 12 & 10. We are also travelling with some friends who have kids as well. we are all loloking forward to this trip and the days cant go fast enough.

ps i have read most of the sticky posts about first time cruising but there is little mentioned about kids and the ports of call on our cruise.

cheers

hello - you haven't given the ship or when and where you are sailing :D - mummsie

Hi, hope you are going on my cruise I am going on the Ocean Waltz to NZ on the 27th of may and by the roll call looks like on four of us and the ship to ourselves:D.

Your kids will have a ball in the kids club, I suggest you hire the walky talkies to keep track of where they are.

cheers

Hi Tutangata

Welcome to CC and congrats on booking your first cruise :D.

Let us know which ship and cruise you are on and we'll try and offer some advise :).

We are also on the same cruise. I have 2 kids, 7 and 9. They went on the Pacific Sun in October 2007 and had a fantastic time.

Any suggestions for what to do in Noumea. We haven't booked any tours.

We are staying in NZ for a few days and then flying back to Sydney on the A380.

We are also on the same cruise. I have 2 kids, 7 and 9. They went on the Pacific Sun in October 2007 and had a fantastic time.

Any suggestions for what to do in Noumea. We haven't booked any tours.

We are staying in NZ for a few days and then flying back to Sydney on the A380.

I see that you have all day in Noumea. One suggestion of a tour would be the ship's tour to Amadee Island for swimming and snorkelling. If you want to do you own thing, go into the terminal on the dock and book Vivienne's tour. It takes two and a half hours and is around AUD40 pp. I don't know the kid's price. Your kids sound a bit old for the sightseeing train, but it that appeals, you can book that in the terminal on the dock for AUD20 per adult.

Maybe the sightseeing option might be the best because you will have swimming and snorkelling at Isle of Pines and Mystery Island. If you can, I suggest you book Vivienn'e tour for the afternoon. First thing in the morning walk to the market (go to the right about 600m). It closes at 11am. You can then wander around town and go back to the ship for an early lunch.

Evon.

Archived