First cruise after drydock - will they be ready??

407dm

hi

I am considering a cruise on Carnival Fascination in Feb 2010 and it is going into drydock for updates in January 2010.

Will it be ready for the first cruise after drydock and if not what is the chance that the crusie will be cancelled?? or delayed??

I am thinking about booking a B2B on Feb 1 and Feb 6 right after it is in drydock. I will drive the 1300 miles from Iowa to Florida and vacation my way to the crusie and the way home but wondered if this would be anything to worry about and I know some of you have cruised after dry dock.

thanks

I don't think its very likely that they would cancel your cruise, they keep to the schedules pretty well. Now that doesn't mean that the ship will be 100 percent done though.

The Fantasy just got her Evolutions of Fun drydock last year, and she wasn't complete for her first couple of cruises. I recall people posting pics of the not-yet-done waterworks, and plastic wrapped chairs that had just been loaded.

Now there were reports that the crew doing her drydock had some problems with workers being deported or something like that.:confused:

Archived