Height restriction for slide on Carnival Miracle

crazy4cruising

Crazy4cruising: read the ENTIRE link-it is 42" for the Miracle

We took our kids on the Sensation, and my younger son just missed the 48", he was NOT allowed on the slide.

Have fun on the Miracle, we sail in February!

We are traveling with our 7 year old on in 2 weeks,***** the Miracle and I need to know what the minimum height restriction there is for the water slide, so he is not set up fo a major disppointment! Thanks!

Hey Crazy, We live in Gilbert and have a 8 year old boy turning 9 day of departure Dec. 19, are you on this Cruise on the Miracle ??

Carnivals web site says 42 on Miracle. I am going to print it out there is no argument when we get there.

Don't count on it. They will NOT let anyone under 48" on the slide. It is posted, and there is a measuring thing at the top of the stairs.

Print what you like. At least you'll have the makings of a paper airplane to throw off the aft for your efforts.

LOL..... You got my first laugh of the morning.. Yes BUT I happen to be a tiger when it comes to fighting for my kid.

What lesson will our children learn from us, that we "fight" for them or that if we complain enough we can manipulate the rules to suit our needs? This is a safety issue, not arbitrary nonsense. What young eyes see is more impact full than what they hear us say. Not a sermon, just a thought.

definitely a sermon, and I would only fight b/c the cruise line website itself states 42 on Miracle. People book certain cruises for certain reasons and if it states that then that is what it should be. And by the way my kids are very well raised. Thanks for asking.

Donna, print what you like but everything on their website is "subject to change" and that keeps them protected... You will have to go by what they say the day you are there... and if it says 48", they are going to stick to that. They should probably update their website.

I wonder why the change from 42" to 48" on Spirit class ships? I understood the 48" on the Sensation because it ended in the pool. Fortunately this time around my younger DS is 3yrs older, and way above the 48".

I agree things change, and have to wait until getting on the ship. We were told some things on the phone by Carnival that was very different when we got to the port. Such as: Tampa did NOT have Skippers Club back then, and Camp Carnival had changed a few things than we were told.

I just never let little things bother me. We had a great time, and plan to again!

definitely a sermon, and I would only fight b/c the cruise line website itself states 42 on Miracle. People book certain cruises for certain reasons and if it states that then that is what it should be. And by the way my kids are very well raised. Thanks for asking.

Donna

Actually, I didn't ask, I just assumed you ARE a good parent, and I apologize if you feel in any way slighted by my comments. This was not my intention. I just pointed out an observation made from one conscientious parent to another. My son and I will be on Miracle in January and he will be disappointed in being unable to slide with his older cousins, but teaching him to deal with life's disappointments is my job. There are going to be plenty more to come in life, and this skill will be more valuable than a water slid ride in my opinion.

Peace to you and have a great cruise

Use of the Waterslide:

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission.

What does it matter 42-48 ?? your there for a good time ,why worry ? You dont cruise to go to the water slide,there is SOOOOOOO much for the little ones to do , it wont be the end of the world either way.

I hope it is 42, hopefully that means the little ones will stay out of the adult pool,afterall, I dont pee in theirs,dont pee in mine :eek:

Use of the Waterslide:

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission.

That was stated in the post above :rolleyes: however, that is from their website and obviously some of the ships have had this change and they have not updated their website... With Carnival, that could probably change 12 more times in the next 2 weeks (maybe that's why they don't update it? LOL) The website said the exact same thing back in July, and obviously was not correct then either as Pete stated, his daughter was not allowed on the slide and the height was 48"... it STILL has not been changed. Go figure.

May I please ask how you got hurt?

I'm one of those people who believe you go faster if you lay on your back. Well, I was going warp one when I hit the "reserve" pool, and headed right for the stairs that you climb out of. Well, my feet were at that moment higher than the stairs, and I went right butt cheek first into the landing. I must have broken a blood vessel or 16, and my entire right butt cheek bruised the darkest purple I've ever seen.

I'm one of those people who believe you go faster if you lay on your back. Well, I was going warp one when I hit the "reserve" pool, and headed right for the stairs that you climb out of. Well, my feet were at that moment higher than the stairs, and I went right butt cheek first into the landing. I must have broken a blood vessel or 16, and my entire right butt cheek bruised the darkest purple I've ever seen.

Thanks Pete

Neither my undersize son nor I will be on that slide this trip. I like the color of my buttocks just fine the way they are. You probably saved me bruises AND humiliation.

Archived