Bermuda with Carribean Princess...

lovejone

:confused: We'll be cruising on the Carribean Princess in May and I was wondering what there was to do where we get off at Bahamas (West End)... Private? I saw excursion to all these different places: Hamilton, St-Georges. Usually on a private island you can't really get out, you can just enjoy the beach... So, can we go out somehow on our own & visit this area? Anyone been with Princess & in this port?

I did a search on the postes with West end but didn't come up with much...

thanks,

Isabelle

:confused: We'll be cruising on the Carribean Princess in May and I was wondering what there was to do where we get off at Bahamas (West End)... Private? I saw excursion to all these different places: Hamilton, St-Georges. Usually on a private island you can't really get out, you can just enjoy the beach... So, can we go out somehow on our own & visit this area? Anyone been with Princess & in this port?

I did a search on the postes with West end but didn't come up with much...

thanks,

Isabelle

I'm assuming you meant to type Bermuda rather than Bahamas. I'm sort of getting the feeling that you are not familiar with Bermuda and don't quite understand what it's all about. It is not a private island. You can go and do whatever you please. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bermuda is just a stop on a Caribbean itinerary on Princess. Bermuda is not part of the Caribbean but rather an island country unto itself.

The Clocktower Mall has a variety of stores if you want to shop.

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/dockyard/clocktower-mall.html

There's a snorkel park where you can snorkel or just relax on the beach but it is not one of the gorgeous beaches Bermuda is known for.

http://www.snorkelpark.com/

You can hop on a beach bus and go to anyone of the South Shore beaches which are the most beautiful in Bermuda. You can also stop in at the famous Swizzle Inn that is also on the South Shore and partake of one of the national drinks,;) a Dark n' Stormy or a Rum Swizzle.

There are usually excusions that start at King's Wharf such as the EZ Rider Tour or the segway tour. There's a fort and a Maritime museum located there. A rum Cake Factory, Glass Blowing Studio, Bermuda Clayworks, an Art Center as well as a craft market all in the same area.

OOOOps... I did mean Bermuda. It's the last stop on our cruise before we head back to NY. Thanks for the info, i'll go and check it out... :)

Hi lovejone:

We also have an active roll call for that cruise – c'mon over and join us, and you can chat about excursions with your fellow cruisers! Even some fellow Canucks!

LidoLiz

Hi Lovejone...believe me when I say that 1 day on Bermuda will not be enough...I took the same cruise on Princess last year and so much wanted to return to Bermuda that we are going now in June.....this will be my 5th time and my DH 4th....we still havent seen everything we wanted to...if you are into cakes, do not leave without buying a rum cake near the Dockyards...they are fabulous...I know you will love the island....:D

I'm assuming you meant to type Bermuda rather than Bahamas. I'm sort of getting the feeling that you are not familiar with Bermuda and don't quite understand what it's all about. It is not a private island. You can go and do whatever you please. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Bermuda is just a stop on a Caribbean itinerary on Princess. Bermuda is not part of the Caribbean but rather an island country unto itself.

The Clocktower Mall has a variety of stores if you want to shop.

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/dockyard/clocktower-mall.html

There's a snorkel park where you can snorkel or just relax on the beach but it is not one of the gorgeous beaches Bermuda is known for.

http://www.snorkelpark.com/

You can hop on a beach bus and go to anyone of the South Shore beaches which are the most beautiful in Bermuda. You can also stop in at the famous Swizzle Inn that is also on the South Shore and partake of one of the national drinks,;) a Dark n' Stormy or a Rum Swizzle.

There are usually excusions that start at King's Wharf such as the EZ Rider Tour or the segway tour. There's a fort and a Maritime museum located there. A rum Cake Factory, Glass Blowing Studio, Bermuda Clayworks, an Art Center as well as a craft market all in the same area.

You really know Bermuda. We will be on Princess and docked at the Royal Naval Dockyards on June 4th. We have been to Bermuda before with NCL and docked at St-George's port which is a hop skip and a jump walk to the beach. Something we enjoyed very much. Is the Dockyard a close walk to a swimable beach or do you need to take a bus....and, is the boat docked right at the island or do you have to ferry in?

You really know Bermuda. We will be on Princess and docked at the Royal Naval Dockyards on June 4th. We have been to Bermuda before with NCL and docked at St-George's port which is a hop skip and a jump walk to the beach. Something we enjoyed very much. Is the Dockyard a close walk to a swimable beach or do you need to take a bus....and, is the boat docked right at the island or do you have to ferry in?

there is a snorkel park in the dockyards but a sandy beach it isn't.

The number 7 bus I believe goes to horseshoe Bay beach- a world class beach....

normally the boat will be docked at the pier.

I wouldn't bother with the Snorkel Park beach when you are only about a 15 minute bus ride to one of Bermuda's most beautiful beaches, Horseshoe Bay. There will be a special beach bus that goes directly to the South Shore beaches.

Iheartbda is SO right, she is right on in saying that there is so much to do, spent almost 4 days there on the last cruise on the NCL Majesty, had to rebook same extended cruise JUST to Bermuda this year. YOU will be hooked and want to go back

Are you on the May 17 repo, we have a VERY active roll call and a lot of info is there.

mew1

• 1 month later...

Well.... just to let you guys know that I didn't even get a day in Bermuda.... because of bad weather (strong winds & poor vision) we didn't make it!!! Sniff, Sniff!!! :( Maybe some other time!

Well.... just to let you guys know that I didn't even get a day in Bermuda.... because of bad weather (strong winds & poor vision) we didn't make it!!! Sniff, Sniff!!! :( Maybe some other time!

So sad.:(

But there's good news, HAL is going out of NY next year and it goes ONLY to Bermuda plus docking will be in St. George and Hamilton which are the best locations. Good way to make up for missing BDA this year.:D

Oh man! So sorry to hear that! We'll be there on the CB a week from Saturday...sure hope it's clear then.

I'm going to go check the Grand Turk board and see how you made out over there with Nathan's golf cart! :)

Archived