Forgotten Luggage

Porthopper2009

Our world curise ended yesterday. This mornig I woke up and realize I had forgotten one bag. After calling Cunard no luck, we walked back to the terminal from our hotel(De Vere). After explaining our problem to the gate security, we were able to get acess to the terminal. Guess what? My bag was there and so were dozen others.

We had a wonderful time on Queen Victoria. Met many wonderful people. After 82 days, I am going to miss the ship.

Happy crusing.

Marie

Its often a good idea to write the total number of bags on one of the bag tags on your hand luggage so when you look for the cases at the end of the cruise you know exactly what you are looking for

At the end of the Farewell crossings A friend and myself had so much luggage we required a ford transit and cancelled the hired car.

Had l not written down the exact number of bags l would have left a suitcase, 2 holdalls and a vanity bag behind, And also watch in case the labels have come off. Some of the bags ended up in some corner along with a few others, the last thing l needed was to be chasing lost luggage all over the place.

Its ironic over the years to have arrived at QE2 by modes of transport which included Boat train, Rolls Royce, hired car and Taxi l never dreamed l would be driving away in a Ford Transit,For once, l couldnt escape fast enough:eek:

Dare I say on my 8th & what I thought was my final cruise on QE2 last june with my parents we got to the car after another excellent cruise & it was not until all cases were in the car we all said that seemed to fit in too easily!! Then we realised one of my cases was missing - in all my cruises on board & on other ships I'd never forgotten or left behind luggage! we went back to the embarkation lounge & the security there were very helpful one of whom took my luggage tab & got the case from the disembarkation hall herself saying it would be easier for her to get re security & then brought it back to me! Great service & only the first time I've ever done this - I also fly a lot too & again have been lucky not to forget luggage or lose it!

Kind Regards,

Richard

My partner and I have left bags behind TWICE! Once at the end of the QM2 Maiden Voyage which ended in Fort Lauderdale, and once at the end of a Silversea cruise in Tokyo. In each instance, it wasn't until we returned to NY that we realized that there was a bag missing. We contacted the relevant cruiseline and they each kindly FedEx'ed the errant bag to me without cost.

Archived