M- Class (infinity) Vs. Coral Princess

cruzinj

I ALREADY POSTED THIS ON THE PRINCESS BOARDS, I GOT GREAT RESPONSES, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE HERE AT THE CELEB. BOARD THINK: :D

I just booked on the coral princess (choosing it over Brilliance), for an eight day canal trip 12/20/04.. The ship was practically full, but my TA got me incool.gif.

About a year ago, I sailed on the Infinity and loved it. I'd like to know how they compare since they are the same size. I found the infinity to be a beautiful ship, Is the coral EVEN more beautiful? I hope so!! I'm so excited for my cruise! Anyways, I know X would win for food, and service- but I've had great food, and service on both lines so it's not a big issue for me. How about entertainment, and nightlife? It's over christmas break, so I'd expect a younger crowd. Which ship has more of an overall WOW factor (decor, etc..)? I'd just like to know how they compare, so I know what to expect for the coral!biggrin.gif

Thanks,

cruzinj

P.S. I CAN'T WAIT!.... JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS! ANYONE ELSE COMING 12/20smile.gif

I think these posts prove that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I personally think all Celebrity ships, at 1st view, appear garish what with the deep blue hulls (or stripes), and the huge X on the stack.

That said, they are pretty inside.

While the Coral Princess, in my opinion, is a nice looking ship, she doesn't hold a candle to the Royal Princess, one of the prettiest ships afloat (exterior).

The Coral's interior design and layout, is superior (IMHO) to that of the Grand Princess class of ships, which I think too big.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices? (& opinions?)

:) I have not sailed Infinity. I gave Coral a 9.5. Although 'beauty' in board a ship does not interest me, I liked Coral. What did interest me were the stages, both fore and aft, and the entertainment provided. Of a dozen cruises, none on X, Coral was the best! john taylor.:)

We just came back from the Coral canal tour. We did the Infinity in its inaugural season and then have only done Princess since, with one cruise last fall on the Galaxy. We did the Coral also in its first season to Alaska. Up until this cruise I was a celebrity fan 100%, and I still like it for some reasons, most notably the food, but after this last trip again on the Coral, I have to say we had one of the best cruises ever! We had a minisuite (have only had minisuites on Princess) and they are worth the money. Size and bathroom are great. We also found the Princess entertainment really outshines Celebrity. I like Celebrity because it seems a little cut above and very mellow, although I found that too on the Coral. I think it depends on the cruise, the amount of days, and the people on it. This past cruise was fabulous.

The Coral is a beautiful ship and has a lot to do. I am not a big fan of Princess food although I have to say it was excellent on this cruise and we loved it on the Diamond. The service also was impeccable. Although for years I have raved about Celebrity, this cruise has put Princess on a par if not above Celebrity. I think you will really enjoy it! We loved the canal and itinerary. Hope you do, too.

We've done both the Infinity (Hawaii) and Coral Princess (Alaska). "Beauty" is the least of our concerns. Our service on Coral Princess was mediocre at best. Service inthe dining room: our waiter never remembered our name, let alone our simply preference for 2 glasses of ice tea at the beginning of each meal. Though we would still sail Princess again (for the 4th time), we'd chose Celebrity if the playing fields were even.

Dave and Elaine

Davis0056--I don't know when you did the Alaska cruise on Coral. We did ours the summer of 2003 and it was okay. At that point, I still preferred Celebrity and thought they did a better job, although our dining staff were very solicitous--I just thought the food was mediocre. This time on the Coral, our dining staff remembered everything--down to the detail of what types of sodas some preferred, coffee versus decaf and/or tea, and each night we had fresh anchovies on our table with greek olives waiting for us. Our wait team was one of the best we have ever had only beat by our wait team on the Diamond Princess last spring.

I don't know the reason or maybe attempts have been made by Princess to make it better, but I was so impressed by this trip. Again, just my opinion.

I have not been on the Coral or the Infiniti but have been on the Island (sister to the Coral) and on the Millenium and Constellation (sister to the Infinity). Overall both ships are beautiful and I found the service to be excellent on both. I think the Celebrity ships hold a slight edge in service and food but overall I think you will love the Coral. Make sure you eat in the Bayou Cafe and in Sabatinis. Both are great. Have fun.

"She is equally beautiful on the inside, as she is ugly on the outside!"

does this mean you think she is beautiful?

I think Infinity is more ugly on the outside, than the coral.

Well I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Millie class look much better. I like the more traditional lines. That "stack" on the Coral is too bizarre. Looks like two jet engines pointed the wrong way, surrounded by a giant bird cage. That said, I really like the Coral. She is beautiful on the inside, and when you get right down to it that's all that really matters.

Agreed. We were on the Infinity a couple of months after it was launched and I'm not sure if the problem was fixed or not, but in the dining room you could hear and feel the sounds of the engine. It was kind of disturbing to hear that constant motor sound while eating. I know it was a problem that was found on the Millie class ship. Does anyone know if that has been remedied?

I also liked the Italian wait staff on Princess.

We just returned from Hawaii on Infinity. Sailed the Island Princess (sister to Coral) in April to Panama Canal. After being on both, I prefer Princess. The entertainment on Infinity was not good at all (never a "sold out" house) and the food was just typical cruise food - not a lot of flavor. I enjoyed the cruise on Infinity, and they did have some extras like cold towels at the tenders. But, Princess offers more dining options and food variety, as well as more varied and interesting/fun entertainment. The level of service on both is pretty much the same.

As a person who has sailed on Coral Princess and two of the sister Mille class ships to Infinity(all Millie class ships are virtually identical) here our my thoughts:

1) The dining room on the Millie class ships is large and elegant. Coral Princess is maybe like a average land restaurant. It has 8' high ceilings and is pretty plain and no grand staircase. Coral Princess does offer personal choice dining and that has pluses and minuses. On our cruise so many people wanted to eat early that first seating was full and those trying to eat PC, that wait times ran 1 hour.

2) Coral Princess has more other public and nicer gathering places like bars, etc.

3) The buffet restaurant on Coral Princess is congested and has a poor traffic flow. Millie class ships buffet restaurant is large and offers nicer sea views.

4) Coral Princess's entertainment theaters, one in the bow and one in the stern are spectacular and are a step ahead of any other ones I've seen. The audio/visual systems and stage operation are second to none.

5) The entertainment on Coral Princess was excellant. The fact we were on her third cruise and still had the inaurgral crew on board may have had something to do with that.

6) No cruise line speciality restaurant we've been on compares to the Millie class speciality restaurants.

7) Service is comparable with some pluses and minises on each.

8) I would rate the food on Celebrity a notch above Princess with Princess being a good notch above Royal Caribbean.

9) You will have only necessary PA announcements on Celebrity. No bingo starts in 10 minutes.

10) The CD's staff was much more energetic and agressive on Coral Princess if you prefer that.

11) The exterior is not a big deal and we kind of liked the blue. However, all Millie class ships are being repainted white. Infinity was repainted white some time ago.

12) Veranda/Balcony cabins are comparible.

For the right itinerary we would easily sail again on Coral Princess again but we prefer Celebrity all other things being equal.

Enjoy!

Archived