Euro Rail in Rome.

Does anyone know how far the Euro Rail in Rome is from the Civitavecchia Port. We are taking the train to Venice after the cruise and I need to figure out what a safe time would be to book the trip to Venice. Thanks!!!:)

The train ride from Civ. to Termini is about an hour and 20 minutes--but Termini is huge and no telling where your next train may be. I bet GSPLover has the schedule, though. I would allow a bare minimum of 1/2 an hour. We are doing the same thing in November!

Cathy

The train ride from Civ. to Termini is about an hour and 20 minutes--but Termini is huge and no telling where your next train may be. I bet GSPLover has the schedule, though. I would allow a bare minimum of 1/2 an hour. We are doing the same thing in November!

Cathy

GSPLover does have the schedule but needs more specifics! By the way, I'd say Termini is large - not huge. Very easy to get around.

We have taken the train from Rome to Chiv 3 times and it is easy and terrific! Termini is large but easy to navigate. You do not need a euro pass- Italy local trains are amazing- cheap and dependable. It is about an hour and a half but very comfortable. Once at the port it is a half mile downhill walk- which of course means uphill walk back. The last time we had a shuttle provided by Celebrity that took us half way up the hill- dont really know why except the port is getting busier all the time. I highly recommend it as the way to go. The subway is right there at Termini- also very easy! Just watch for pickpockets in Rome- front pockets and hip packs do not prevent- we have had problems with both! AROUND the neck only!

Cathy

Thank you for your help.

We have taken the train from Rome to Chiv 3 times and it is easy and terrific! Termini is large but easy to navigate. You do not need a euro pass- Italy local trains are amazing- cheap and dependable. It is about an hour and a half but very comfortable. Once at the port it is a half mile downhill walk- which of course means uphill walk back. The last time we had a shuttle provided by Celebrity that took us half way up the hill- dont really know why except the port is getting busier all the time. I highly recommend it as the way to go. The subway is right there at Termini- also very easy! Just watch for pickpockets in Rome- front pockets and hip packs do not prevent- we have had problems with both! AROUND the neck only!

Thank you for all the great info1:)

Archived