AMA Waterways Amacello

mncruise

I am on the AMA Amacello now from Amsterdam to Paris. Really a nice trip and the walking and bus tours have been really good so far. We have a French Window and get some wonderful views of the area as we sail. Food has really been good, a variety and the meat outstanding. Entertainment has been some Dutch dancers. violin and guitar music and last night our cruise director gave a talk on some of the history. Internet is included at no cost.

Cabins are nice sized and beds are comfortable. Crew is friendly and the ship very clean.

I inspected the Amadante and after her mishap, she is fine. Damage on the wheelhouse was fixed right away; the river is higher right now. She was docked next to us in Amsterdam and I got a nice tour of her. Same layout as the Amacello but different colors.

This is my first riverboat cruise in Europe and will certainly do more. I have sailed the major cruise lines here but these ships do take you right into the town. "Red Carpet Treatment" they call it. Lots of steps and walking so it would be difficult for wheelchair crusiers however 2 ladies are using walkers and seem to be doing fine.

I will write more later but let me know if anyone has questions.

Leona

Greetings fellow river cruiser,

We cruised the Black Sea itinerary on the Amadagio last fall and enjoyed every minute.

FYI, there is a board dedicated to river cruising. If you post on "River and Canal Cruises" under the "Special Interest Cruising" section, you will get more responses. There are numerous posts there about the AMA ships and cruises.

Enjoy the river.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings. Sounds like you are enjoying your trip. Grateful for your correspondence. We always travel 5 Star or better and were wondering if you could elaborate of the ship, food, tours a bit? We certainly desire a top of the line ship and amminities. Any info would be very welcomed. Enjoy!:) cmndiva@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I are leaving later this month on the Amacello Nuremberg-Budapest. It is our first rivere cruise and we would appreciate any advice on how people dress

Thanks in advance

Hi we are going on the Amawaterways Amalyra in October and wondered how you enjoyed your river cruise. We are doing Prague/Budapest. Any info or hints would be much appreciated - also how did people dress. Thanks in advance for any info. Regards :)

Hi we are going on the Amawaterways Amalyra in October and wondered how you enjoyed your river cruise. We are doing Prague/Budapest. Any info or hints would be much appreciated - also how did people dress. Thanks in advance for any info. Regards :)

• 1 month later...

ABEEHILTZ -

You might get a bit more action on your post if you went over to the River Cruise section...

While I am here, however, I can respond based on our last cruise - although it was with Trafalgar/Uniworld. Business casual works... My husband wore his sport jacket (no tie) to the captains' welcome & farewell dinner - and he was well dressed. I wore a skirt/dressy sandals. There is quite a thread in the River Cruise section re: dress if you want to browse there.

What date are you cruising?? We are doing Budapest-->Prague on the Amalyra - leaving home October 2nd.

My family travelled on the Amacello from Budapest to Nuremberg (ending in Prague) in January this year. A wonderful experience. The dress standard on the boat for dinner was smart with 2 or 3 nights that were more formal. One of those was New Years Eve and many male passengers wore a suit and ladies were in after 5 gear. Except for that event which was probably peculiar to this cruise the usual attire on a formal night like the captains dinner was a coat for men. Other nights just a smart shirt and trousers. Having said that the boat is relaxed and didnt prescribe what you should wear its just what people mostly did. There were also others that preferred to dress more casually but they were in the minority. Breakfast and lunch were less dressy. The fact it was winter may also have had an impact.

Archived