Skipping Dining room...

Amerikaner83

We had a late port night on one of our cruises and the dining room that night was open dining like it is for breakfast and lunch since so many people were busy on shore. It might be the same for your cruise also.

If you want to skip any meal and eat elsewhere then just do it. You don't need anyone's permission. If it affects your tablemates or not what should it matter? Just go, your table mates could take care of themselves.

Yes, you can eat wherever you want on the cruise. If you want to skip the dining room it's fine, but if you have tablemates it does affect them as the servers will hold up serving until all the guests are present at the table. The courteous thing to do would be to let them know. T.o not do so is extremely rude

Whoa....I always take my hat off in restaurants and open the car door for the gals. I don't think that what you said was very courteous....kind of depressing actually!!

Also, and finally, not telling the waiter is just rude!! They try to prepare your table for you just how you like it....why make them do unnecessary extra work??

Did you even read what I wrote? Am I wrong? It is depressing what has happend in this country as far common courtesy goes. I would never knowenly not inform my wait staff or table mates that I has not planning on being at dinner on a certain evening, however I make it a point of going to dinner every night. I enjoy the social aspect of it, look forward to it and have made some wonderful friends across the dinner table.

Yes, you can eat wherever you want on the cruise. If you want to skip the dining room it's fine, but if you have tablemates it does affect them as the servers will hold up serving until all the guests are present at the table. The courteous thing to do would be to let them know. T.o not do so is extremely rude

Over the years we have cruised we have had table mates show up late, not show up at all, show up every other day etc.......never did the waiters hold up ordering and serving........

Archived