Any views on Fred Olsens ship "Breamar"?

Plenty of review here http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/search/?reviewcruiselineid=3&reviewcruiseshipid=2&reviewdestinationid=2&action=search&searchsubmit.x=49&searchsubmit.y=12 The site also has a 'questions' section so you could also ask there.

Didn't go on it pre cut & shut and heard conflicting comments - better/worse from the other passengers. Our cabin was located in the cut & shut central area and though it was only a 'G', inside cabin and quite compact, it was well laid out, nicely furnished and we were well satisfied.

I'm not convinced FO employed more staff to cope with the extra passengers, those they had worked really hard though so no complaints. There was a definite 'sway' to this ship and I was aware of it 24 x 7 when sailing. Like everything else, those who'd been on it before couldn't agree if it swayed more or less!

My only 'complaint' would be that they don't seem to be able to get the food (any food in any restaurant) past lukewarm (tasty though), and 'afternoon tea' is a rubbish bun fight with curly sarnies - some passengers act like they're bl**dy starving. Probably just as well as it put me off bothering after the first time........I gained more than enough weight as it was without scoffing even more grub.

All the public areas were really smart and it had that air of being 'not too posh' and 'not too common' so not so many passengers with delusions of granduer.

All in all we really enjoyed it and would definitely sail on it again.

We have cruised on the Braemer many times before and after the lengthening and had all types of cabins, superior suites, balcony cabins, outside and inside. We had reason to change cabins in November (both balcony cabins) and the first cabin we had allocated was in the "old" part of the ship - we then moved to the "new" section and I can say that the storage space in the old part was more than in the new, also the cabin size itself was slightly larger in the old part. Having said that we found both cabins very clean and comfortable, as we have with all of the cabins we have had whether they were on deck 2 or deck 7. Deck 2 can be noisy with what seems to be a constant thumping noise - some thought it could be the stabilizers. We were concerned about the increase in passengers especially where the Neptune lounge was concerned as this was not enlarged, but FO have increased the amount of entertainment throughout the ship in the evening so this was not really too much of a problem. Plenty of sunbathng space and always penty of sunbeds, but to get a bed in the shade is a concern unless you are up at the crack of dawn on sea days. We like Fred Olsen as you can probably tell! x

We did back to back cruises on her last September, had a Balcony Suite in the new section of extended vessel. Was very nice except for the poor ensuite.

Too cramped and shower flooded with no bath.

Didn't find the food cold, and we were 'first sitting' up on the top restaurant

with wonderful views especially pulling out of harbours!

We did think she had too many passengers for her size though.

This is evident in the Restaurants & Lounges and getting back on board

after trips on land, especially if you have to wait for a boat to take you on shore!

Lunch and Breakfasts were usually waiting in line for a table.

Suggest you have breakfasts in cabins and plan your day for your lunches!

The Crew are wonderful, very helpful and friendly.

Archived