Braemar Canaries Cruise 18/7/09

glitterbabe

Lovely to hear from you! I am sure you will enjoy the Braemar, we have cruised on her many times and never been disappointed yet. Happy 60th when it arrives! No doubt we will hear the "happy birthday" song in the restaurant - are you first or second sitting? We are on first sitting and will probably be in the Thistle Restaurant as we are on deck 4.

Hi Glitterbabe, Nice to here that you are returning to the Braemar again, we have opted for 2nd sitting so you will miss my embarrassment on the “big day”, we are also on deck 4. Have you sailed from Dover before on the Braemar I ask because I believe there is no 24hr buffet service on board (not that I am bothered) and was wondering if any food is available on arrival. We are travelling down on coach from Knusford departing 8am probably arriving Dover 2-3pm. Really looking forward to the cruise, despite some unfavourable forum reviews we go with open mind and intend enjoying ourselves. We have done most of this itinerary a couple of times before but in the winter, so hopfully the sun will be warmer and the sea a little calmer.

Thank you Sagalout 1954, I must admit we have not long come off the Braemar in the Caribbean and some people we spoke to on the lower decks were allocated the Grampian, but they did say they had asked for that restaurant but I would fully agree that the higher decks only situation seems to have been removed . Have been in the Grampian on a previous cruise and not too fussed to be honest - we found the food and service the same in both!

Yes, we have sailed from Dover once before and also from Southampton. Although you may arrive about 2 -3 oclock you may find you are not able to go directly on board as at both Dover and Southampton we were in a "waiting area" for some time, but from memory there was a small cafeteria area in both. No you are correct there is no 24 hour buffet on the Ship, but tea and coffee is available in the Palms even, I would imagine on the day we arrive as there will no doubt be some guests doing a follow on cruise. Each cabin also has tea and coffee making facilities. Shame I will miss your moment of fame in the restaurant, perhaps you could hang balloons outside your cabin door on the big day! If you are hosting a party we are available!!!

Archived