No more pier upgrades?

isdoo

I read on another post that RCI were no longer offering pier upgrades and Platinum Puls members were being given the suites as a freebie.

Can anyone confirm this?

Reason I ask is that I am looking a cruise and thinking of gambling on going for a Junior Suite, but hoping to get an upgrade to a Grand or Owners Suite on arrival.

Thanks.

If you want a certain type of cabin then you should book it, period. There are a lot of threads on here about guarentes and upgrades and a lot of these cruisers are upset over the cabin they got. Then after you get to the ship ask if you want something better. They will know after 1 day what is open if you want to move.

Ownersuite did not say at what level this may happen at.

Diamond Plus is a very large level, my guess would be the last group

Diamond Plus Starts after 24 completed cruise credits

Extra Diamond Plus benefits available after the 49th completed cruise credit

Special benefit available to those valued members who reach their 100th cruise credit

They are very interested in pleasing the Diamond Plus members. As a lowly Diamond member who had sustained a recent broken ankle and was wheelchair bound, I had to jump throught hoops to downgrade to their E3 handicapped balcony cabin. I offered to pay whatever was necessary to get any handicapped cabin and finally was given one the day before the cruise. They used both junior suite handicapped cabins as free upgrades at the pier to healthy Diamond Plus members. Not a way to entice me to cruise the two more times necessary for that status. I'm switching to Princess for the next cruise.

Back to the original question......is it true that you cannot try at the pier any longer?

Last month on the Brilliance, we inquired at check-in about an upgrade. We were sent to another desk where they quoted a price for each upgrade available. They were very willing to take our charge card!

Mike in Ohio

Archived