Galapagos 2011 pricing?

CLEMM

When I go to the Celebrity website and look at the Galapagos cruise for March 2011, several different options come up which seem to list the exact same cruise on the exact same date, but the prices are wildly different. What am I missing?

But I don't see that anywhere in the description. I just lists the cruise and the pricing, and then lists the same cruise with higher pricing and then again with still higher pricing. I am very confused.

But I don't see that anywhere in the description. I just lists the cruise and the pricing, and then lists the same cruise with higher pricing and then again with still higher pricing. I am very confused.

The low price is just the cruise....get yourself to and from Baltra (and you better be on the same flight/plane that Celebrity uses).

The higher prices include Quito and the transfers.

Personally, I recommend leaving the driving to Celebrity...they will get you to the boat (because if the plane is delayed or something happens the boat is going to wait...since all of it's passengers are travelling with you).

The only reason to make your own arrangements is if you don't want to or can't take the height of Quito....then make your own arrangements thru gyaquile (spelled wrong).

The low price is just the cruise....get yourself to and from Baltra (and you better be on the same flight/plane that Celebrity uses).

That's the way the web site should have it, but for March of 2011 they have do not have it properly listed. They have the differing prices all for the basic 7 night cruise without airfare.

For other months the higher priced offerings are for a greater number of nights (i.e. a land portion added on before the cruise).

When I go to the Celebrity website and look at the Galapagos cruise for March 2011, several different options come up which seem to list the exact same cruise on the exact same date, but the prices are wildly different. What am I missing?

It is a mistake on the website for march 2011. Go to a different month,July '09 e.g. and you'll see a description of the 4 categories.

1 7 day galapagos only

2 10 day inc Quito

3 11 day inc Quito

4 13 day inc Quito and Macchu Pichu

You can then go back to March 2011 and see what the prices are for tat month.

I wholeheartedly agree with ghstudio...don't do by yourself. I recommend the 10 day trip.Celebrity makes it simple. I've done it twice and return in July.

Archived