Could use info on tour for Bannister Island

motherchic

I booked a tour thru Coral Breezes for the Bannister Island tour: snorkel, manatee watch and beach break. The cost was $60/ person.

I can cancel without penalty up to 3 days of the tour.

Since I made the reservation I have read that the manatee was very hit or miss.

How good is the snorkeling?

Can we take a taxi ourselves to bannister without reservations and

Can we schedule a snorkeling tour when we get there if we decide to.

Do you know what the cost is to just go ourselves?

Thank you for any information

Nadine

I was there two weeks ago and we just booked a trip to bannister island on our own once off the ship tender. It cost $35 for the beach break or $45 for break and snorkel. I didn't want to snorkel but people in my group said they saw alot of great sea life. I would imagine the manatee is hit or miss though. So you could wait and book once you are there to shop around for best rate if you would prefer to wait...it wouldn't be a problem.

I was there two weeks ago and we just booked a trip to bannister island on our own once off the ship tender. It cost $35 for the beach break or $45 for break and snorkel. I didn't want to snorkel but people in my group said they saw alot of great sea life. I would imagine the manatee is hit or miss though. So you could wait and book once you are there to shop around for best rate if you would prefer to wait...it wouldn't be a problem.

For that price did they take you to and back to the ship? Di you arrange ahead of time how long you would be there or could you just decide later, when you wanted to go back to the ship?

Mandy - was just wondering if you enjoyed Bannister Island and were there a lot of people there? Kind of curious, since that murder took place there. I know CCL stopped their excursion there for a while, but I believe they did start it back up again.

Sue

For that price did they take you to and back to the ship? Di you arrange ahead of time how long you would be there or could you just decide later, when you wanted to go back to the ship?

It was about $10 cheaper than the cruise line price, so I thought it was a deal. No complaints on price. I feel we got our money worth because the island is about a 20 minute ride by boat from the port area and the beach facility is very well maintained.

We did not arrange ahead of time...booked once we got off the ship's tender in to port...very easy to do and several shops to look around in while waiting for group of people to form bc they need a small boat load to take at a time.

We were there for approximately 5 hours! So long enough to get a great tan and enjoy the water, bar and restaurant!

Mandy - was just wondering if you enjoyed Bannister Island and were there a lot of people there? Kind of curious, since that murder took place there. I know CCL stopped their excursion there for a while, but I believe they did start it back up again.

Sue

Hey Sue-

Yes I LOVED the island. It was beautiful and very peaceful. The day we went I would estimate about 75 people were there, so very deserted. However, they told us when the cruise ship starts their tour back up the beach is covered with people. No worries for us about the murder, it was over money and a local crime. Which is not out of the ordinary in the cities of the USA, just be careful anywhere you go.

Here are some pics.

As we are pulling up to island still on boat

IMG_0512.jpg

Beautiful clear blue water!

IMG_0555.jpg

Plenty of layout chairs:

IMG_0568.jpg

fabulous island all together

IMG_0576.jpg

the bathroom facility: one of the best beach ones I have been to

IMG_0543.jpg

the bar on the beach