Can we have two beds?

Mooder

I never thought I'd ask this question since we are typically oceanview cruisers. But we have booked a BA aft for our June cruise and all the discussion of possible upsells has me thinking about whether I would upgrade if given the choice. So, for the first time, I took a close look at the suite descriptions and floor plans and see the beds are described as a Queen. I gather this means my sister and I would not have the option of 2 beds? If so, I guess that would be a dealbreaker for us. :( But saves us some money. :)

I never thought I'd ask this question since we are typically oceanview cruisers. But we have booked a BA aft for our June cruise and all the discussion of possible upsells has me thinking about whether I would upgrade if given the choice. So, for the first time, I took a close look at the suite descriptions and floor plans and see the beds are described as a Queen. I gather this means my sister and I would not have the option of 2 beds? If so, I guess that would be a dealbreaker for us. :( But saves us some money. :)

As far as I can tell (I haven't been on the Dawn) all cabins unless specified that beds can't be pushed together or that they are a double bed they can be separated.

I am sure someone from a BA on the Dawn will be along to correct me if I am wrong. Where you found out it was a queen do any of the other BA's not say queen?

As far as I can tell (I haven't been on the Dawn) all cabins unless specified that beds can't be pushed together or that they are a double bed they can be separated.

I am sure someone from a BA on the Dawn will be along to correct me if I am wrong. Where you found out it was a queen do any of the other BA's not say queen?

It's actually not the BA I'm worried about. I know the BA can have two separate beds. But the AE and AD suite descriptions specifically say queen rather than saying two beds (than can be pushed together or not).

When stated as a queen, cannot be made into twins. Some suites sofas make into a sleeper, but not all.

Thanks. That's what I feared, but as I say it actually saves me some money and it was just an off chance anyway. Wanted to be prepared. ;)

Other then the AB you will be stuck sharing a bed if you take the upsell to a penthouse. AE queen only, AD queen only, AC queen only, AB Queen and double in kids room, AA king only.

Now if you go for the big bucks you can each have your own room plus a guest room in the Garden Villa :D

Other then the AB you will be stuck sharing a bed if you take the upsell to a penthouse. AE queen only, AD queen only, AC queen only, AB Queen and double in kids room, AA king only.

Now if you go for the big bucks you can each have your own room plus a guest room in the Garden Villa :D

That ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes: Just another case of non-romantic partners being discriminated against. I think I'll file a lawsuit. (kidding, just kidding)

Thanks for the information. :)

I read and know of so many people cruising with friends or with family members eg a mother or daughter.

Is it possible that if these folk want to take a suite they have to share a bed ? I see it as really strange.

Keep your BA aft (they are great) and SAVE THE MONEY...for another cruise, of course.:)

Personally I think the AE and AD's queen size bed is so big I would have no trouble sharing it with my brother or sister. I'm a big guy and I know two of me could be in that bed and not even know the other was there. I know some people are uncomfortable sharing a bed with a sibling,etc, but it wouldn't bother me at all. If I had a chance to upgrade from a BA AFT to the AE or AD for not much money, I would jump at it to get the Cagneys for breakfast and lunch perk.

I am cruising with a friend whom I have cruised with once before..AB on Majesty last year..2 beds. We are in an AE suite on the Dawn..I asked about 2 beds...queen only..they did offer to bring in a cot if needed..we decided that we could sleep together... Thanks Terry for the comfort info...my friend doesn't take up much room...more for me! lol I couldn't give up a suite on the stern...my first balcony!!!! Debbie

Keep your BA aft (they are great) and SAVE THE MONEY...for another cruise, of course.:)

Personally I think the AE and AD's queen size bed is so big I would have no trouble sharing it with my brother or sister. I'm a big guy and I know two of me could be in that bed and not even know the other was there. I know some people are uncomfortable sharing a bed with a sibling,etc, but it wouldn't bother me at all. If I had a chance to upgrade from a BA AFT to the AE or AD for not much money, I would jump at it to get the Cagneys for breakfast and lunch perk.

Thanks, Terry. We have shared a bed on vacation when necessary because a hotel had limited rooms or whatever. My sister is a tosser LOL so we usually feel we at least need a king. It doesn't bother me at all, but she says in a smaller bed she worries so much about bothering me that she lies stick straight and can't sleep all night. :eek: Ah well, we'll do as Ms. Belp says and keep our BA aft, I think. I'd probably rather we both be comfortable than get a couple of extra perks. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if a really good offer came, it might be hard to pass up the ability to see how the fancy people live just once. ;)

I read and know of so many people cruising with friends or with family members eg a mother or daughter.

Is it possible that if these folk want to take a suite they have to share a bed ? I see it as really strange.

I think it's strange too. I'm not really complaining because I don't think this is going to affect me. But from a curiosity standpoint, if they can fit two beds that can become a king in an oceanview or a balcony, why can't they do the same in a suite? :confused: Besides the throngs of us that travel with non-romantic partners, there are probably married couples that would just as soon have the extra room too. Not that we don't expect to give up a little room for the sake of cruising. :)

My sister is a tosser...

easy fix. call down to the cargo hold crew and ask them to bring you some of the straps they use when moving luggage. that ought to fix "the tosser".

oops...forgot to put this...:D

I think it's strange too. I'm not really complaining because I don't think this is going to affect me. But from a curiosity standpoint, if they can fit two beds that can become a king in an oceanview or a balcony, why can't they do the same in a suite? :)

In the real suites, or at least some of them, there is ZERO room to separate the beds even if the wanted to. Picture this layout. Walls on each side with the bed right in the middle of the bedroom. The space on each side of the bed is under 2 ft, just enough room for the bedside table and for you to walk. A large person would have trouble walking alongside the bed. Therefore, no place to pull the beds apart. Just not enough room.

I think it's strange too. I'm not really complaining because I don't think this is going to affect me. But from a curiosity standpoint, if they can fit two beds that can become a king in an oceanview or a balcony, why can't they do the same in a suite? :confused: Besides the throngs of us that travel with non-romantic partners, there are probably married couples that would just as soon have the extra room too. Not that we don't expect to give up a little room for the sake of cruising. :)

Now you've hit on my pet peeve with NCL Muder. We travel with my Dad, so there is always myself, DH and my dad in a cabin. We would LOVE to book suites, but the way NCL does it makes it financially impossible for us to do so. Once you move up from a mini, you have to jump all the way to an AB to find a suite that will accomodate 3 people. AE, AD & AC only accomodate 2 people. The price increase from an AF/AG to an AE,AD or AC is reasonable in my opinion, but from an AF to an AB the price is jump is huge.

We don't need 2 seperate bedrooms, just a sofa bed is fine. And I wonder how they can jam 4 people into some inside rooms yet the more spacious suites only accomodate 2? It really is frustrating. :(

CG

easy fix. call down to the cargo hold crew and ask them to bring you some of the straps they use when moving luggage. that ought to fix "the tosser".

oops...forgot to put this...:D

No worries. The :D is presumed. LOL

In the real suites, or at least some of them, there is ZERO room to separate the beds even if the wanted to. Picture this layout. Walls on each side with the bed right in the middle of the bedroom. The space on each side of the bed is under 2 ft, just enough room for the bedside table and for you to walk. A large person would have trouble walking alongside the bed. Therefore, no place to pull the beds apart. Just not enough room.

Thanks.

Now you've hit on my pet peeve with NCL Muder. We travel with my Dad, so there is always myself, DH and my dad in a cabin. We would LOVE to book suites, but the way NCL does it makes it financially impossible for us to do so. Once you move up from a mini, you have to jump all the way to an AB to find a suite that will accomodate 3 people. AE, AD & AC only accomodate 2 people. The price increase from an AF/AG to an AE,AD or AC is reasonable in my opinion, but from an AF to an AB the price is jump is huge.

We don't need 2 seperate bedrooms, just a sofa bed is fine. And I wonder how they can jam 4 people into some inside rooms yet the more spacious suites only accomodate 2? It really is frustrating. :(

CG

Wow! So, the AE, AD and AC don't even have sleeper sofas? You may an excellent point about the price jump.

If you're stuck with a Queen size bed, you could try this. The queen size is so big that you and your sibling would be quite comfortable. Take those life preservers and along with the extra pillows, make a partition down the center of the bed. I know this sounds really off the wall but, I read where someone did this and it worked out great. :D

If you're stuck with a Queen size bed, you could try this. The queen size is so big that you and your sibling would be quite comfortable. Take those life preservers and along with the extra pillows, make a partition down the center of the bed. I know this sounds really off the wall but, I read where someone did this and it worked out great. :D

Thanks. On the off chance they make me an offer I can't refuse, it's good to know there is that much room. If I could sample an Aft and a suite in the same very special cruise, that would be wonderful.

Wow! So, the AE, AD and AC don't even have sleeper sofas?

Nope, just the queen bed. That's it. I've heard some people say that they've asked the stewart or butler for a cot, but those results vary. And, in order to even try that, you would have to have the 3rd person booked into another cabin officially as you can't even book an AE, AD or AC with more then 2 people.

You may an excellent point about the price jump.

For example, on my upcoming Pearl cruise, I could upgrade right now from our mini to an AE (if there were just 2 of us) for about $250 per person...very reasonable in my opinion for the extra perks received. But since there are 3 of us, we can't book that level (or the next two), we have to book an AB which would mean an increase of over $1500 per person. Completely out of our price range. :(

CG

Archived