Can you bring your own drinks onboard?

Ive heard that you can bring a two bottles of wine and a limited mount of soft drinks on board? Can anyone confirm this. Sailing in 15 Days on the Glory cant wait :):)

Yes, I did read this on Carnivals website but I can't remember how to get to it. I think it's under "Frequently Asked Questions" . I plan on bring some bottled soft drinks and water too.

From Carnival's FAQ's:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

I don't drink wine, but I bring on 3 twelve-paks of soda for two people...no problem.

we sail the glory last month and yes we took a small soft sided cooler with 18 16oz dirinks in it and once on board we ask for ice and never had to worry about it again, they filled it with ice everyday.

Haven't sailed on CCL yet (well a 4 day in 2002), but on RCCL, we bring diet coke in bottles and a case of water. I take tape and tape up the water case and then with clear tape put our luggage tag right on top. Same with the soda. I put it with our luggage when we get to the pier and hope for the best, never had a problem.

I usually bring a small hard sided suitcase and check it with the luggage with bubble wrapped wine bottles. Not sure if I will do it on my Dream cruise but will certainly bring the allowed two wine bottles.

Haven't sailed on CCL yet (well a 4 day in 2002), but on RCCL, we bring diet coke in bottles and a case of water. I take tape and tape up the water case and then with clear tape put our luggage tag right on top. Same with the soda. I put it with our luggage when we get to the pier and hope for the best, never had a problem.

I usually bring a small hard sided suitcase and check it with the luggage with bubble wrapped wine bottles. Not sure if I will do it on my Dream cruise but will certainly bring the allowed two wine bottles.

Carnival doesn't allow that anymore. Most porters will not accept taped up cases of water or soda with luggage tags attached.

Carnival doesn't allow that anymore. Most porters will not accept taped up cases of water or soda with luggage tags attached.

YIKES. THANK YOU! Can I get the water onboard with me? My dd drinks TONS of it and we use the water and soda in a soft sided cooler we pack to take to the beaches with us.

Archived