Such a thing as a quick driving tour?

Roadtripster

I won't be having very much free time in Roatan, but would like to do a quick driving tour of some sort. I was wondering if anyone knows of a location to go to that would be a nice short drive there to see the landscape of Roatan and then once at the destination, it has overall views of the land and ocean. Somewhat elevated and with a outstanding views would be nice.

Is there such a place?

I won't be having very much free time in Roatan, but would like to do a quick driving tour of some sort. I was wondering if anyone knows of a location to go to that would be a nice short drive there to see the landscape of Roatan and then once at the destination, it has overall views of the land and ocean. Somewhat elevated and with a outstanding views would be nice.

Is there such a place?

we had a driver from victor bodden do this for us - money well spent and had a private tour guide to get us everywhere we needed and wanted to go!

Thanks. I was thinking about them, but I really only have a little time to do a quick drive. I was thinking like a taxi to drive somewhere close to port and look around, take pictures and then back to the ship.

I haggled with the taxi folks who are waiting at the pier and got a nice guy to drive us over to the West Bay beach for very cheap. You first go down the southern coast, then the road turns north and increases in elevation until you're at the top of the mountain range that runs down the middle of the island. There are places to stop and get beautiful pictures - just tell the driver that you want to do that. Then you go back down on the other side and end up at the beach. It didn't take long (maybe 20 min. or so one way). That beach is gorgeous. Our driver waited for us even though we stayed about 4 hours!! He also got us beach chairs. It was a lovely day.

Archived