A couple more cruise reward questions

mbisson

We're on a 2 night cruise in a couple weeks.

Does anyone know if they sell "Cruise Rewards" on those short cruises? If so can the Reward be used as the deposit for a standard cabin (not a suite or penthouse) on a 14 night cruise?

Does anyone know if they sell "Cruise Rewards" on those short cruises? If so can the Reward be used as the deposit for a standard cabin (not a suite or penthouse) on a 14 night cruise?

monte are you talking about the $250, which includes $100 OBC?

i don't remember on my 1 night CTN. but i do think that the $250 is just "relief" from having to put down the "standard" depost one would normally incur when booking a cruise.

from what i know it's for the booking, and not cabin Cat.

i don't remember on my 1 night CTN. but i do think that the $250 is just "relief" from having to put down the "standard" depost one would normally incur when booking a cruise.

I believe they can't be the full deposit on some of the Penthouses or villas...my main question really is "can they be used as the full deposit on 14 day cruises". We've bought them several times but just used them on 7 night cruises.

I'm hopeful SnootieTootie is correct (love the name btw)

I believe the answer to the OP's question is yes they are available and while it is relief as you say from having to put more deposit down it is also $100 credit so you are getting that credit on the cruise you are on but paying 250, so in fact it cost you $150 and you then are getting the full $250 credit as your deposit on the next cruise. It applies to all cabins except Court yard and Garden suites. and it does not matter if it is a long cruise, in this case 14 night.

I think the answers are YES, and YES.

I believe the answer to the OP's question is yes they are available and while it is relief as you say from having to put more deposit down it is also $100 credit so you are getting that credit on the cruise you are on but paying 250, so in fact it cost you $150 and you then are getting the full $250 credit as your deposit on the next cruise. It applies to all cabins except Court yard and Garden suites. and it does not matter if it is a long cruise, in this case 14 night.

You guys are making my day. thanx

-Monte

We used the Cruise Rewards purchased on-board earlier this month as the deposit on a 9 day cruise next year. This was for a balcony category.

I thought the Rhino was weirdly cute...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on the fence for a year now and it looks like I'm not going to use the two cruise rewards we purchased last May. They are good for 30 months and are transferrable. If anyone is interested I will gladly transfer them to you for $150 each.

This is our first time on NCL and I do not know what cruise rewards are. Can anyone explain?:confused:

Hi, Jaigg! This is a program offered when you are actually on board an NCL cruise. You pay $250 for a cruise rewards certificate. They immediately give you $100 credit to your on board account on that cruise, so in effect the Certificate cost you $150. You don't have to choose your next cruise for 4 years, but when you do, this certificate is used as $250 towards that cruise. Also, that $250 certificate will be all the deposit that is required, as opposed to the usual $250 or more per person. They are a great deal so long as you are certain you will sail NCL again.

ETA: While you will be given an actual certificate, you don't need it. It becomes associated with your Latitudes account, which is automatically created the first time you cruise NCL, and can be used whether booking directly with NCL or with a TA.

This is our first time on NCL and I do not know what cruise rewards are. Can anyone explain?:confused:

You give them $250.00 as a deposit on a future cruise, and they give you an immediate $100.00 shipboard credit for the cruise you are on. You can them use the $250.00 as a deposit for a future cruise that you book within (I think) 30 months. Talk to the cruise consultant on the ship and he can give you the whole package of info. Bill

You give them $250.00 as a deposit on a future cruise, and they give you an immediate $100.00 shipboard credit for the cruise you are on. You can them use the $250.00 as a deposit for a future cruise that you book within (I think) 30 months. Talk to the cruise consultant on the ship and he can give you the whole package of info. Bill

It was 30 months, it is now 48.

Monte, You may already have had your questions answered b/c I didn't read all the answers, but one thing I wanted to point out is you can use 2 certificates for a 2 week cruise. However, I think it will have to be booked as a B2B and not a 14 day'er. Get my drift?

We just booked a B2B, and used the certificate for the 1st week, and could have used a cert. for the 2nd week, but we neglected to buy another one on board, so we had to put down $500 for the deposit for that 2nd week.

In our case, booking the 2 weeks separately was the cheaper way to go than a "14-day." That's not always the case. It also ensures 2 latitudes steps.

My certificate purchased on 4/26/09 says I have 2 years to book, and 30 months to sail.

Monte, You may already have had your questions answered b/c I didn't read all the answers, but one thing I wanted to point out is you can use 2 certificates for a 2 week cruise. However, I think it will have to be booked as a B2B and not a 14 day'er. Get my drift?

Got ya-makes perfect sense of using 2 certificates if you book a b2b (which would be 2 seperate cruises). I'm glad you threw that out for me-as it's a 14 we're considering. I've priced it out as a 14 and as 2-7 day cruises and with what we're looking at there actually is a bit of a discount going the 1-14 day cruise (at least last time I checked, but I better check again). So now I need to reevaluate and see if the extra $100 OBC for the 2nd cert is worth it - It's all good :D---thank you

Got ya-makes perfect sense of using 2 certificates if you book a b2b (which would be 2 seperate cruises). I'm glad you threw that out for me-as it's a 14 we're considering. I've priced it out as a 14 and as 2-7 day cruises and with what we're looking at there actually is a bit of a discount going the 1-14 day cruise (at least last time I checked, but I better check again). So now I need to reevaluate and see if the extra $100 OBC for the 2nd cert is worth it - It's all good :D---thank you

Have fun on your two nighter this weekend! Hope you have good weather and good company. Don't do anything embarassing you will have to post a thread about :D

Have fun on your two nighter this weekend! Hope you have good weather and good company. Don't do anything embarassing you will have to post a thread about :D

Thanks (and I'll be on my best behavior ;))

Monte, which cruise are you doing 2 weeks on?

We're on the Sun shortly after you (11/27/10) and that's the one we're doing the b2b on.

My PCC priced it both ways, and although a few things were more, in the end, it was over a $300 savings.

We used the military discount tho, so if you didn't, maybe that's the difference.

We also got $100/per week OBC since we're going to pay with our AMEX card.

OT: I was just thinking about the cruise tickers we use, and there's not an "actual" sailing date shown. I think I'm going to add that to my signature.

Yep, I figured in the military discount as well. It's almost $200 cheaper when computed as a 14 day sailing than it is as a B2B (2 bookings). I did notice that as I moved higher in the categories, the difference became less & less (but I'm looking at cheap) ;)

I have earlier asked them to confirm accuracy of the prices and am waiting to hear back

Yep, I figured in the military discount as well. It's almost $200 cheaper when computed as a 14 day sailing than it is as a B2B (2 bookings). I did notice that as I moved higher in the categories, the difference became less & less (but I'm looking at cheap) ;)

I have earlier asked them to confirm accuracy of the prices and am waiting to hear back

Ah, I see.. lol

We booked an AFT BD.. It'll be our first balcony ever and we are more than psyched.

So, is it the Sun you're doing the 2 weeker on?

Look.. I added the date under my ticker.. that almost sounds obscene! LOL :p

Archived