How much do you tip for room service?

We usually have breakfast in the am and occassional a snack tray in the late afternoon to hold us till our 8:30 dinner. We normally tip $3 in the am and $1 for the little snack tray.

We love sitting on the balcony having breakfast, theres just nothing better to say "VACATION"!!

I usually tip $2-3. Here's a hint: if you're ordering breakfast the night before, tuck your tip money into the little pocket on the back of the door where the "do not disburb" card is kept. Then when room service comes in the morning, you'll have your tip handy.

What would you do in this situation?

We ordered a few items for room service. Tipped upon delivery but then found out they didn't include any cutlery or napkins. Called up to get the cutlery delivered but it wasn't the same person that initially delivered the meal. They weren't that quick about it though we were able to pick on some things with our fingers (I can't remember what we ordered but that cutlery and napkins were needed). I was kind of miffed at the time so I didn't tip the person that delivered the cutlery but felt kind of guilty afterwards.

Should I have tipped the the person delivering the cutlery?

What would you do in this situation?

We ordered a few items for room service. Tipped upon delivery but then found out they didn't include any cutlery or napkins. Called up to get the cutlery delivered but it wasn't the same person that initially delivered the meal. They weren't that quick about it though we were able to pick on some things with our fingers (I can't remember what we ordered but that cutlery and napkins were needed). I was kind of miffed at the time so I didn't tip the person that delivered the cutlery but felt kind of guilty afterwards.

Should I have tipped the the person delivering the cutlery?

hhhmm.... that's a tough one, but I think I would say no on this.

I usually tip 20.00 for a light snack and 50.00 for lunch or breakfast. I dont usually order room service dinner because by that time I am out of cash.

Uh, yeah, I'd be outta cash handing over $20 and $50 bills too!!! :eek: I'm gonna assume you meant $2 and $5...but if not, more power to you. I'd like to be your personal room service girl at home!!

Uh, yeah, I'd be outta cash handing over $20 and $50 bills too!!! :eek: I'm gonna assume you meant $2 and $5...but if not, more power to you. I'd like to be your personal room service girl at home!!

Take a number :)

What would you do in this case. On my last cruise, I went with a friend of mind that has A LOT more money than I do. Every morning she would order up a hugh breakfast (enough for both of us) even though I don't eat breakfast. It was all for her and she wouldn't tip the server. The second morning I offered her $5.00 for the server and she told me in no uncertain terms that you "don't tip for room server". I was very uncomfortable and it certainly changed my option of her, to the point, I vowed never to cruise with her again.

My husband thinks I am being to harsh -

what say you????

What would you do in this case. On my last cruise, I went with a friend of mind that has A LOT more money than I do. Every morning she would order up a hugh breakfast (enough for both of us) even though I don't eat breakfast. It was all for her and she wouldn't tip the server. The second morning I offered her $5.00 for the server and she told me in no uncertain terms that you "don't tip for room server". I was very uncomfortable and it certainly changed my option of her, to the point, I vowed never to cruise with her again.

what say you????

I agree with you....your hubby and friend are, how can I say this, cheap :eek: ;)

###

I tip room service $1 no matter what I order.

I compare room service delivery to the amount of work the waiter and room steward do for a recommended 3.50 a day and the assistant waiter does for $2. Remember these people (waiter and assistant waiter) are in the windjammer during the day serving and cleaning up or the main dining room for open seating breakfast or open seating lunch, so the recommended tips are not just for serving a 5 course dinner.

Does anyone who tips $5+ for room service tip their waiter, room steward and assistant waiter more than the guidelines. I mean routinely, not for exceptional service?

I always tip $5 unless I'm ordering food or snacks for several people then it could be up to $20.

Does anyone who tips $5+ for room service tip their waiter, room steward and assistant waiter more than the guidelines. I mean routinely, not for exceptional service?

Yes. IMHO, I don't think the suggested amounts are reasonable considering the tremendous amount of work they do. I will usually double the suggested amounts and include a bonus if they really have went out of their way to make my vacation special.

I usually tip 20.00 for a light snack and 50.00 for lunch or breakfast. I dont usually order room service dinner because by that time I am out of cash.

LOL.

This was a joke people, lighten up!

Happy Cruising,

TnT

what say you????

I do not think that you are being too harsh!

A year ago I cruised with a friend of mine. Every morning I ordered at least coffee (for us both) and with only coffee, I always tip at least two dollars. Well, my friend caught on to this as a way of never having to leave the stateroom (long story) and she was ordering breakfast, lunch, snacks and DRM dinner via room service for herself and would sometimes order a little something for me. She WAS NOT tipping. I did take care of a few tips for her because she was embarrassing me! Finally I told her that what she was doing was not acceptable. She got mad and told me that it was part of the cost of the cruise and that as long as she left the tip on her shipboard account, she felt it was okay. Needless to say because of this behavior and other things she did on this "friend adventure" I will NEVER cruise with her again. She's lucky that I even still speak to her!

Archived