Sodas on Majesty

BananaAnna

When I am thirsty, I can swallow more water from a water fountain in less than thirty seconds than the minute amount of sodas NCL pours into their small glasses of mostly ice filled soda. How small the glasses? About the same size as what most restaurants use for breakfast orange juice.

Usually it requires at least two NCL sodas to please me at any one sitting. Sometimes more.....

For some reason I was thinking on the Majesty before that maybe they'd used cans. If that was the case, one of my suitcases was gonna be filled with sodas!

Maybe I remember wrong, the Majesty is old enough they still might be using can sodas. Never-the-less, soda card sodas will be served in a glass mostly filled with ice.

If you really want 12 oz of soda, buy the sodas in the 12 oz can at approximately $2 per can.

On the Majesty just like the rest of NCL fleet the soda card gets you FOUNTAIN soda only. You pay for canned soda. There have been a few cases here where people say they got canned but if so it was because a machine was down or someone was just to lazy to go to the fountain.

By the way the fountain soda ON the Majesty is awful. Unless you drink soda by the gallon, buy the cans or bring your own.

Thanks for the replies! It wasn't that I had my heart set on canned soda, it was that I did NOT want to be served from a can that had been sitting out already opened. Regardless of the ice, regardless of the quantity, I'm not going to drink soda from a can (or any container) that has been sitting out open.

Sounds like my best bet is to bring my own.

Thanks for the replies! It wasn't that I had my heart set on canned soda, it was that I did NOT want to be served from a can that had been sitting out already opened. Regardless of the ice, regardless of the quantity, I'm not going to drink soda from a can (or any container) that has been sitting out open.

Sounds like my best bet is to bring my own.

Well just so you know I have NEVER been served from a can that was opened, the server brings the can and the glass with the ice Opens the can pours the drink and leaves the can for you.

Also be advised that NCL has just switched soda brands to Pepsi products, which may or may not matter to you. In any case bringing your own is always a good idea, just don't ask NCL because they will say you can't. In fact it is no problem as long as you are not bringing several cases, I brought 2 12 can sleeves and a 24 pack of Aqua Fina on my last cruise just taped up the soda sleeves and attached luggage tags to that and another to the case of water. both delivered to my stateroom no problem.

Archived